Slight Injury to Bob

Smitty

Well, after the 1 year of planning and 3 additional months of building to make sure everything was great with the cage I bought Bob. This was about 2 months ago. Everything has been going really well up until yesterday.

I've been continuing to work on Bob's cage ever since I got him. Boy, what a money pit! Anyway, my latest project included adding an automated water system (home built). Everything was going great, but I was opening and closing the cage a lot to test the water flow and the spray.

Well... during one of my tests I didn't see that Bob climbed up right next to the door. This is a home-built cage (see my Gallery for pictures). Turns out that Bob's tail was partially in the door when I went to close it and didn't see.

So, about 1-1.5" in on his tail got slightly pinched. Thankfully it isn't anything major, he can still curl his tail and use it for climbing, but it did get slightly scraped. Considering how bad it could have been, I'm glad it was this minor.

Now come the issue. He was an OK guy, meaning he didn't like to be moved when cleaning but now he is hell on 4 legs. He doesn't want me to even stick my hand in there to feed him! He is hissing and lunging for me the best he can. The really weird thing about this was a dream I had 2 days earlier... in that dream he got out of his cage, hit under the stove and would keep trying to bite me while trying to get him out!

Anywho, I figure either he'll get over it or he won't. At least I know what to expect when trying to get him and move him to clean his cage.

Sigh...

I can completely understand how that accident could happen. Hopefully it's minor enough that he will completely recover soon. Be encouraged. Our chams have gone through spells. Some justifiable, some not. But they have always gotten over them and gone back to their old selves.

Back
Top Bottom