sleeping chameleon

lizzleberry

hi,
i've now had pascal for 5 nights, i have finally found out his sleeping pattern from the shop he come from and am going to slowly move his bed time up to 8ish
until then im finding it a bit inconvenient to have my bedroom completely dark by 6pm, although i have no problem with it being light at 6am
will a chameleon be ok to sleep with maybe one small bed-side light at the other side of the room turned on for a few more hours?
or will that keep him awake :/ his shop was on a busy road, so even though the lights all went out at 6, unless the shop had a garage door on the front, some natural daylight and car lights must have gotten in some how, but where pascals set up was, probably not a lot, but could he get used to some light on in the evening? if he wont be able to sleep with some light then im not going to make him suffer and deal with it, so it isnt a big problem, but it'd be so useful if he could
also, to anyone who goes to college/school etc, what is your daily chameleon feeding/misting etc routine? i'm starting college full time in 2 weeks and by then i need to have introduced pascal to a routine that will fit in with that, and i need some ideas
thanks
liz

You could probably attempt to alter the Chameleons sleep pattern. Mine is very similar, up at 6AM and sleep at 6PM, probably a UK thing. I'm planning on going to college soon and my plan is to mist heavily before I go, leave the dripper running all day with some food in a cup, mist again when I get home and once more before bed.

My misting time is pretty much the same time as Psychodrake but i dont use a dripper

I find a good mist in the morning and in the evening is keeping my cham happy

We have a small light on in the room and occasionally the laptop is on and it doesnt seem to keep mine up.

She normally hides behind the branches anyway where she normally sleeps. She is also fine with the lights going on at 7:30 and off at 20:00

No issues from my cham!

excellent :)
hiding seems to be pascals favourite pass time, he normally sleeps close to the edges of the flex, in different places every night (still trying to find the perfect temperature, weather is all over the place at the moment) but not exactly hidden
i notice that dantyler, you're holding your young cham, totally off topic,
i have not tried to pick up Pascal yet, he will try to get away if i go near him, unless he's hungry and i have crickets
when should i start thinking about trying to handle him? and how did you do it?
danke
liz

I cover my cage every night with a blanket as my cage is right next to my computer which is on all night or if I am working on it I have a light on also.

excellent :)
hiding seems to be pascals favourite pass time, he normally sleeps close to the edges of the flex, in different places every night (still trying to find the perfect temperature, weather is all over the place at the moment) but not exactly hidden
i notice that dantyler, you're holding your young cham, totally off topic,
i have not tried to pick up Pascal yet, he will try to get away if i go near him, unless he's hungry and i have crickets
when should i start thinking about trying to handle him? and how did you do it?
danke
liz
Yes that picture was from when i first got her about 6 months ago

I just kept feeding her by hand and just left my hand next to her and she got on

She has her good days and bad days with how much she wants to be handled but i would say at any age to start handleing as long as you dont stress the little one out. Also I found that holding her when standing up was too risky as she was still getting used to her balance.

I would just hold your hand out infront of her and she may eventually step on ( does require you to get an achey arm tho!!)

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom