Skinny Female Causes

Hey There,

I am fairly new to the forum, but thought I would ask for some opinions. I have several panther chameleons, and have worked with them for a while. I recently purchased a new 12 month old ambilobe female. It was a local purchase, and in all honestly I mostly bought her to get her away from the guy that had her. More or less a rescue situation. Well I have had her three weeks now. I witness her eating crickets regularly, but not as much consumption as my other girls will eat. She isn't dark at all, and shows no signs of stress. Fecal is clean, and she defecates regularly. Humidity levels are right on par, and I watch her drink multiple times a day. I have been dusting the crickets with a vitamin and calcium supplement with vitamin D. She gets the vitamin crickets once a week, and the calcium dusted once a week. The rest of the days are all plain large crickets. lol I have also been giving her a commercial electrolyte supplement designed for reptiles a couple times a week.

Her lights are textbook, and I have checked all of the areas with a temp gun.

Yet despite all that she looks superskinny in my opinion. Her eyes don't sink or buldge, but her ribs show horribly. Coloration is fine, and behavior is normal. She just looks so frail compared to my other girls. Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Checking for parasites was the first thing I did when she came to me. Obviously she is in quarantine away from the rest of the group, but everything came back clean.

Back
Top Bottom