size of a enclosure for two quads.

eppcheck

As some of you know I'm putting a lot of money and work into a quad enclosure specifically for their unique requirements. I'm wandering since like I posted before multiple quads have been known to live together just fine. I'm entertaining the idea at the moment, but was curious how large of an enclosure would be recommend if I were to make a custom enclosure. What do you guys/gals think? Size, amount of basking spots, uvb lights, etc...

Most likely it won't happen but i'm just curious on others experience and opinion.

There were a few people here posted on my earlier thread stateing they kept a few females together and one poster I think put two males together. I belive they said it was successfull if I remember correctly (maybe I misunderstood). I'm curious on how big their enclosures were.

I'll try to post the posts links when I'm on break. Really should get back to work.

You really need to have the time to stay home and watch the chameleons to see how they interact together. I do not suggest that you have them together unless you have them time to be at home all the time....

I won't, just curious for future reference. I had a hard enough time finding one quad so the chances of me purchasing/finding another is slim to none. I was just thinking about building a 2x5x5 with a a slide in divider. This way I can keep everything together but, I'll probably just make this one for my panthers without removing the divider unless i'm cleaning or arranging things.

I was just thinking about building a 2x5x5 with a a slide in divider. This way I can keep everything together

What is everything? If you are talking both panthers & quads it would be a disaster. I have know someone who kept 2 females and 1 male quad together. They also by their admission have gravid females all time who were getting a bit worn out. It an be done only with quads all the same size - adults. Also it requires lots of watching them for stress and knowing what you are looking for. Not a good idea until you are very familiar with keeping quads. jmo
The cage would need to be 36x36x36 for 2 quads and VERY heavily planted.

What is everything? If you are talking both panthers & quads it would be a disaster. I have know someone who kept 2 females and 1 male quad together. They also by their admission have gravid females all time who were getting a bit worn out. It an be done only with quads all the same size - adults. Also it requires lots of watching them for stress and knowing what you are looking for. Not a good idea until you are very familiar with keeping quads. jmo
The cage would need to be 36x36x36 for 2 quads and VERY heavily planted.

When I said everything I just meant the enclosure, base, misting, etc.. everying together. It would basicall be two cages in one. They wouldn't be able to see each other unless the divider was removed. That way if I was to do some rearranging I could also remove the divider and have a one big enclosure for of one cham. Just basically making an enclosure to be multifunctional and everything together instead of a bunch of screen enclosures next each other. Similiar to what Mr. Wilson did except custom instead of the screened cages.

In regard to keeping multiple quads together I was just bringing it up because one thread I made https://www.chameleonforums.com/correct-if-needed-40525/ I posted alot of sources about keeping them together. They all contradict each other and even the replies on the thread contradict each other as well. I think the majority say not to...so I won't.

When I said everything I just meant the enclosure, base, misting, etc.. everying together. It would basicall be two cages in one. They wouldn't be able to see each other unless the divider was removed. That way if I was to do some rearranging I could also remove the divider and have a one big enclosure for of one cham. Just basically making an enclosure to be multifunctional and everything together instead of a bunch of screen enclosures next each other. Similiar to what Mr. Wilson did except custom instead of the screened cages.

In regard to keeping multiple quads together I was just bringing it up because one thread I made https://www.chameleonforums.com/correct-if-needed-40525/ I posted alot of sources about keeping them together. They all contradict each other and even the replies on the thread contradict each other as well. I think the majority say not to...so I won't.

The way you are describing it should work well. The divider between so they didn't see each other would solve the issues - and think how easy that would make it for breeding.:D

Back
Top Bottom