silkworms

kylocats

Hello I am wondering if it is ok to feed a veiled (2 and a half months) 4 crickets in the am and silkworms in the late afternoon.? I am not sure if silkworms can be fed daily? She does love them

Silkworms can definitely be fed daily. They are a good staple feeder for your cham, since they have a low fat content and a good protein ratio.
Also, since they are loaded with water they also help in keeping your cham hydrated.

However, they don't provide much in the way of roughage, so it is good to supplement the diet with insects that are higher in chitin from time to time (mealworms and superworms, and crickets, beetles and roaches). As always, variety is the key when feeding chameleons.

The other problem you might face is that some chams are simply not interested in silkworms... but that's a different issue.

Silkworms can definitely be fed daily. They are a good staple feeder for your cham, since they have a low fat content and a good protein ratio.
Also, since they are loaded with water they also help in keeping your cham hydrated.

However, they don't provide much in the way of roughage, so it is good to supplement the diet with insects that are higher in chitin from time to time (mealworms and superworms, and crickets, beetles and roaches). As always, variety is the key when feeding chameleons.

The other problem you might face is that some chams are simply not interested in silkworms... but that's a different issue.

Thanks for the info. She loves silkworms and crickets. I have tried mealworms but she was not interested. I do plan on trying them again.

Back
Top Bottom