Silk worm/hornworm chow

Stanly

I just bought some silk and horn worm "cups" from mulberry farms.
My question is: does the chow work as "gut load" or do I need to offer something else.
If it doesn't work as a gut load should I place the ones I will feed off in a separate container with just the gut load (so they don't fill up on chow) ?

Thanks all, you're all a big help!

no gutload for silks or horns, they just eat the chow or mulberry leaves if you have access to a tree or bush. If you run out of chow, shaved carrots and dandelion leaves will supposedly get them by but they cannot survive on it. I have never tried that but read that on the forum here!!! So yes, the chow is their gutload so to speak!!!

no gutload for silks or horns, they just eat the chow or mulberry leaves if you have access to a tree or bush. If you run out of chow, shaved carrots and dandelion leaves will supposedly get them by but they cannot survive on it. I have never tried that but read that on the forum here!!! So yes, the chow is their gutload so to speak!!!
Silkworms on carrots turn orange. Franie (frogg) had to feed her silkworms carrots because Mullberry didn't ship her order out on time. It was funny albeit sad.

Back
Top Bottom