Should you leave your dripper on at night incase your cham wakes up for a drink?

BirdieF18

Do chameleons get up at night for a drink? What i am trying to say is would it be worth leaving the dripper on really slowly incase the chameleon wants to get up for a drink. I wouldn't like it to go thirsty. I have heard that leaving water in the cage at night is bad but can you please give me your opinion

Thanks

if your cham wakes up a few hours before you it wouldnt hurt. but if youre around early just turn it on yourself. you just need to manage the water is all. on a really slow drip i dont see it getting out of hand.

No need to have it on at night as they do not move around at all at night. Just make sure it drips for a few hours at a time during the day so he has plenty of opportunities to drink.

well my point was, if he only supplies water through a dripper, and say his timer is set for 7am but he dosnt wake up till noon or even 2pm. hes better off leaving it drip all noght so that the cham has access in the am.

some of us are vampires when work dosnt require we wake.

He'd have to have some serious drainage to drip for more than 12 hours straight. Just start it in the afternoon. He'll still drink then. Mine does.

Do chameleons get up at night for a drink? What i am trying to say is would it be worth leaving the dripper on really slowly incase the chameleon wants to get up for a drink. I wouldn't like it to go thirsty. I have heard that leaving water in the cage at night is bad but can you please give me your opinion
Thanks

No, they do not typically wake up middle of the night for a drink (or most any reason).

Not allowing the branches to dry out over night can be bad. But having a dripper that doesnt splash much wont hurt anything. It might increase the humidity in the enclosure a little. Depends on the type of enclosure and what drainage, if any, you have.

I would just start the dripper when you get up in the morning or when they get up :)

I remember reading a post by Brad Ramsey in which he asked "don't you think it rains at night in the wild?"....

The biggest issue I see is drainage and if you have that worked out then it seems fine to leave the dripper going....but it doesn't seem necessary and it makes things easier on the owner to not have the dripper going at night.

Back
Top Bottom