Shedding Jungle Vines issues???

arosstyler

Hey Guys

I just got a bunch of Exoterra Jungle Vines based on favorable comments on this forum. One thing that concerns me is they are pretty "shaggy". I mean if I rub a finger over them stuff rubbs off. Is'nt this bad for chames? They could shoot for a cricket or try to drink a drop of water and get this in there mouth right?

Or when you wash them the first time does all the really loose stuff come off? I want to know before I return them to the shop I bought them from.

THanks!
Ross

hmm, I use them because I find them to "shed" the least. When I first get them I run them thru my hands a few times and let anything loose fall off and find that this pretty much does it. I have had no problem since. Cyrus' entire jungle gym is made from them and the majority of his vines in cage are, too. Just give them a good shake and rubbing and you should be OK. See what others say, but this has been my experience and I have used them for several years (haven't had to replace them due to breaking either like some other brands) :rolleyes:

I usually soak them in water with dishsoap for a few minutes at least and kind of run them through a hand to knock debris off them.

Yeah I have used another brand the "smooth" kind. And they freaking crack open and expose the cardboard interior really really easy. Not ideal. I ahve also used real wood but the potential for wood rot and mold scares me. SO I decided to give these Jungle Vines a go for a new habitat I am putting togther. I will try the rinse and shae method on one before I commit. Thanks!

i got the flukers and jungle vines ,the flukers break apart so i took a good look at what the experts are using and i got some real twigs from a muhlberry tree and i use 1-2 artificial vines.it looks like the chameleons prefer the real branches.

Back
Top Bottom