Shedded skin not coming off

Greenhorn

My male veiled has a piece of shedded skin still on his tail tip. The problem is that it looks like a rubber band is on his tail tip. Do i need to get the skin piece cut or should i leave it ? :confused:

Have you tried soaking it in warm water. I beleive that will help get it off. if it looks like a rubber band, it could be cutting off circulation to the tip of the tail. You are gonna want to get it off asap

You need to get that incomplete shed off ASAP. It can possibly cause tail rot. It basically cuts off the circulation as that part of the tail is trying to grow under that piece of dead skin.
Spray the cham with water and try to roll that piece of unshed skin off its tail. It's very important to watch for these things and catch them early.

Tail issue.....

Yeah, I would try to get it off.....Baby oil, neosporin or anything like that will soften it up. You can also wrap a small piece of wet paper towel around it for a few minutes. I have a pointy pair of tweezers that I use to tease the skin off the end of the tail in situations like this.

I have soaked his tail for between 10 and 15 minutes and nothing. I am also having a hard time trying to get him to stay still while trying to remove the skin. tried using a qtip and nothing.

Seems like he still has feeling on the tip.

Need more help. Please.

Second time unlucky, I have tried all the suggestions and no luck. Soaked with warm water and also used tissue oil to try soften the old skin.

I will try again tomorrow, but i'm not too sure what i'll do if i can't get it off

Wondering.......

After all this effort and no results I am wondering if it really is unshed skin. It may be scar tissue from a prior injury that healed. Tail tip injuries don't always heal properly. They can heal with a permanent "ring" appearance to them. Is it possible to see a picture?

Back
Top Bottom