Sela's babies are hatching

Aminah Undone

The eggs started pipping and hatching on 31Oct11. Seven babies are in the nursery, now. Five eggs are pipped and four more are still plump, but sweating slightly.

There are more pics in THIS THREAD.

Here's a cute pic from this morning, just before the lights came on..

Selababiesemerge017.jpg

"see ..all da udder kid wannabe kuhmeeewons wen dey growin up ..but mee ..I wannabe a BAT!" :)

I love it. Bat ?? You will need a new set of food, and I would not house that one with the rest.:rolleyes: Are you just in Awe of the babies?

The only one sleeping like this.. so cute! My hubby called me a "warden" last night, when I did another head count before bed. Haha! I can't help it.. they are so darn cute... and little! I have to keep an eye on them :eek:

There was lots of activity, yesterday. As soon as I'd get a baby set up in the nursery, another would be wandering around the incubator. However, today they are taking their sweet time. Four little heads peeking out of their eggs, but they won't budge any further than that. This has to be the most nerve wracking, torturous part of the whole process... ACK!

Thanks! :)

Two more babies out, now. One has a lot of yolk attached and looks pretty thin, in comparison, but it's moving around just fine ..dragging its yolk along. (I'll leave it on and see if it can absorb a little more of it before it dries and falls off.)

I saw one baby, out since yesterday, drinking water already. How adorable!! I guess they'll be ready to try bugs by tomorrow.

9 in nursery.. 7 to go!

Thanks! :D

There are 10 of 16 babies out and in the nursery, tonight. Three eggs are still plump and three are pipped at various stages.

They sure are sweet little babies and so funny! One of them insists on standing up, waving its front arms at me.. until I put my finger close enough for it to climb on.

I've seen a lot of face rubbing and some are drinking water, so I think I'll offer some food tomorrow morning.

Can someone refresh my memory.. when to expect their first shed? I kind of remember it being pretty soon after they hatch, but not certain.

Congrats on the new hatchlings Must be very Exciting ;D I just got my first clutch of eggs ever from my Ambanja Female on Oct.20th.. I hope they all survive and grow nice and healthy for you ;)

Thanks everyone! Babies are really exciting!

Here's a couple more pics from yesterday..

Selababiesemerge026.jpg

Already instigating.. with 2 followers...

Selababiesemerge014.jpg

Random baby..

Selababiesemerge023.jpg

This little one just perched here and watched its siblings running amok!

Friends on facebook are already trying to name them. Haha! I'm still trying to figure out a safe way to tell them apart. I think it's futile at this point.. no? :eek:

Five more to go, Laurie! Two are burst wide open, but babies are taking their time, soaking up the egg yolk ..one is somewhat pipped.. one is sweating.. one is still plump and fluffy.

I don't think I'll ever know which one hatched which day, so do I go with the first day they started or the last day ..for their "birthday" ? Has anyone ever put an identifying mark on them, to keep them straight? I have a desk drawer full of Sharpies. :)

We're still waiting on the last 3 eggs to hatch. They've pipped, but the babies are taking their sweet time. The other 13 little hellcats are eating, drinking, going poopy, and fighting! They are scrappy little tyrants, for sure! It's hilarious to watch them gape and flash their little dewlaps at each other. :D

Back
Top Bottom