See ya later Pipin

DanSB

Avid Member
Pipin the Senegal has left us. After a short bout with some sort of infection he passed before we were able to even get him to a vet.

Last Friday he spent the day with his eyes closed all day. Suspecting a vitamin deficiency and possible dehydration I acted accordingly. Saturday evening it became clear he had an eye infection but was still eating and spent the day in the sunshine with temperatures and humidity closely monitored. Sunday he was not using is front legs and was not eating or drinking. I dropped some water on his nose to keep him hydrated and supplemented with a single drop of cod liver oil as I have heard this can help in this condition. Monday was to go to an exotic animal Vet but his plans were otherwise by Monday morning Pipin was sitting on a bush somewhere in Africa.

It has been a sad time in our house as he was cared for and is missed. The empty cage is on the wall and a small grave is in the yard next to his outside spot.

I have a deep faith in the spirituality of animals and nature and it doesn't even enter into my consideration that his spirit is not doing well and I can only hope that he liked us enough to find his way back into our house with a new body one day.

No matter the state of the spirit life has a great value and the loss of a body is a sad occasion. And it is for this occasion we mourn and say good bye to the body and see you later my friend to the spirit contained within.

Beautifully said! I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost a beloved family member. I truly believe that although he is happy back on his favorite branch in Africa that you will see each other again. My thoughts are with you.

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

I have to say that I love your attitude towards it though, very positive and comforting.

R.I.P. Pipin xx

Awe so sorry to hear you lost your beloved cham. I too believe like you. When I had to put my dog to sleep, I was there holding him. It was one of the saddest and hardest days of my life, but I felt like his body was there still in my arms but his spirit had gone somewhere else.

Oh Dan, I'm so sorry you have lost contact with him for a while. You two were so inspiring, just knowing that a Senegal could thrive with the proper care.

So very sad Dan. My heart goes out to you. I am so very sorry for your loss and I'll be keeling you in my thoughts and prayers today.

Back
Top Bottom