second infertile clutch?

whitespyder

my veiled thalamus laid her first ever clutch of infertile eggs back in october and now shes showing signs that she has more eggs. shes pacing about and acting weird when i show her food. can they produce a new batch of infertile eggs within 4 months? i have cut back on her food and had her temp a constant 81 degrees since she laid her eggs so im not sure why this is happening again so soon. :(

A veiled can lay again in about 120-130 days from the last laying. How much have you been feeding her each week since she laid the last batch?

since she had the last batch she had trouble eating for a month so she didnt eat much for a while. when she was eating normally again she was eating 4-5 feeders every other day. (a week it would be an avg of 15-16 feeders) it this related to her first batch or is this an entirely different clutch do you think? i thought i was doing good with preventing her from having another clutch!

You said..."since she had the last batch she had trouble eating for a month so she didnt eat much for a while"...that is usually a bad sign. The female should be hungry after laying the eggs.

You said.."when she was eating normally again she was eating 4-5 feeders every other day"....I give mine about 8-12 every second day...and that's when they are on the "diet" to keep them from laying eggs.

You said..."it this related to her first batch or is this an entirely different clutch do you think?"...hard to tell for sure...but the normal length of time from one infertile clutch to the other is about 120 days with a veiled....but it bothers me that she didn't eat right after she laid the last clutch.

yeah i honestly didnt think she was going to make it in fact. but she started to eat and all was normal for a while until i noticed her showing signs that shes ready to lay again

Back
Top Bottom