rye and dates - zero search results found

HolyToledo

I am wondering if rye is an acceptable addition to gutload mix? Same with dates?

I have been mixing up gutlaod of variety of itmes on the lists but buying some of this and some of that makes up quite a batch of stuff (the basics reminded me of healthy breakfast cereal) so I did some looking around. I found an all-natural muesli (old country style) that comes in a 1 lb. bag and has good stuff but also has date and rye seeds.

I made the mistake once of using some stuff for bedding for bugs that probably wasn't a good idea. I am doing the research ahead of time but can't find anything on these two items.

Can anyone please help me out on this?

did search - no results.

been surfing but haven't seen anything yet. that's why i posted while i keep looking...

Dates are high in sugars and have more Phosphorous than calcium. medjool are better than deglet noor

Rye is great for selenium, but really high in Phosphorous (like most grains) so you'd have to compensate for that

so rye and dates are safe--not the best but okay

thank you sooooo much!
I have looked all over and just not been able to find whether or not they were safe. But maybe I missed it (migraine days suck)!
I'm not sure which type of dates they are (and at first, I thought maybe you had your fingers on the wrong keys ROFL)! There are quite a few in the mix and figured I would pick most of them out so no problem there. And there really aren't many rye seeds in there...
Like I said, I just wanted to use it as a base and then add more goodies to it for Poppi's bugs. I have been using organic sun-dried fruits and veggies. And then little bits of fresh fruit or veggies every few days too. So, I guess I will get rid of all the old stale stuff and mix up fresh now.
thanks again.

You're welcome :)

....figured I would pick most of them out so no problem there. And there really aren't many rye seeds in there...
Like I said, I just wanted to use it as a base and then add more goodies to it

ya, Dont worry about a few dates and a few rye seeds. They're not awful, and all the other goodness will outweight any downsides dates and rye may have

Back
Top Bottom