Rubber Tree Plant

lmews1961

Is a live rubber tree plant ok to put in with my chameleon? I got him a large cage and I have never seen him so happy. He is so much more active now that he has room to climb. I have branches in with him now and would love to add plants. I checked out fica trees here in town and they want 40 to 50 dollars for one. Appreciate any suggestions...

Hi, Thanks for sharing this informative information I also don't heard about this plant. I just tell you can you share here some pictures of rubber tree plants so I easily get some information.

If you go to the top of the page and click on Resources, a page opens up and on this page is a link to safe plants, and Ficus Elastica is on that page otherwise known as a Rubber Tree!!! I suppose asking the nursery where you bought the plant if it is a Ficus would be a good idea too, the nursery I go to for plants is very helpful and knowledgeable about their plants!!!

Hi, i believe the rubber tree and the rubber plant to be two different types of plant, as i heard the rubber tree has toxic sap, yet the rubber plant is a type of ficus and listed on several databases as a safe plant, and is also used in a couple of local zoos round here with their reptile exhibits

ps be aware it grows huge, i have one in my day geckos viv that has doubled in size in a month and the leaves themselves are big, its grown 3 or 4 inches in every direction in the last month

Dave

Back
Top Bottom