roaches giving birth

Ren

I have yet to see any of my roaches birthing new nymphs, they just sorta show up... anyways, There is a female roach in the enclosure that appears to somehow been smashed, is the best way to describe it I dont know how she would have been smashed if that is the deal, but she is dragging around a white-ish sack from her behind area? looks gross, and I dont know to leave her be or give her the flush, anyone have any photos of the birthing process of dubias? thanks

Ive seen a couple of my females dragging around a sack like that, but it wasn't white. like a light brown color.

Its more yellowish and turning a bit brown now.. kinda nasty, i could take a pic but doubt it would come out very well...

Last edited:
Does it appear to be hardening?
The ootheca do protrude at first to dry out for several hours and then go back into the females body. It almost looks like part of her or like she's giving birth to a little cigar.

-Brad

Do any of you get albino roaches in your colony? I have this huge completely white male. looks really bizarre in there. Stands out like a....well....like an albino roach. :D DOn't know about sacks (ootheca) hanging out their rear ends, though. I can't bring myself to examine them that closely yet. :p

Do any of you get albino roaches in your colony? I have this huge completely white male. looks really bizarre in there. Stands out like a....well....like an albino roach. :D DOn't know about sacks (ootheca) hanging out their rear ends, though. I can't bring myself to examine them that closely yet. :p

From what I have been told a white roach is one that just molted. He will change color within a day once he hardens up.

Jim

Howdy,

A few of my photos mostly of hissers that I used to raise as feeders. These might answer a few questions :):

The egg stick before being drawn back in:
IMG_1711.jpg

Babies first meal:
Yummy.jpg

An adult molting:
Molting1.jpg

Thats kinda what it looked like Dave. thats crazy the little ones swarming mom for the first meal there... hah thanks!

So the Dubia have a egg stick that comes out, gets fertilized goes back inside and develops, then comes back out and births or do they just come out from where the ooth was at? Right now the thing that was looking white-ish and brown is now more like a long balloon of nasty-ness, I'm waiting for the balloon to pop and babies to come busting out....

I've seen my dubia's mating a few times already. The males lift up there wings and 'tag' a female passer by their rear end to 'tie' with them. Then they sit tied there for quite some time as far as I've noticed, they're usually the most bored looking roaches in the middle of the colony.

Howdy,

A few of my photos mostly of hissers that I used to raise as feeders. These might answer a few questions :):

The egg stick before being drawn back in:
IMG_1711.jpg

Babies first meal:
Yummy.jpg

An adult molting:
Molting1.jpg

ARGHHHHH!!!!!!:eek:
lol.. i might considering to buy one just to get over my blaberaphobia
:p

Back
Top Bottom