RIP Simba

Thompson

Chameleon Enthusiast
This all happened suddenly and I don't even know how or what happened. I come home from practice today and he's on the bottom of his cage with his eyes closed unresponsive. I tried putting him under his basking light and putting him on his favorite plant in the shower hoping he'd at least open his eyes to let me know I could at least do something to save him. It just kills me that this happened so suddenly :( . Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to him to see some of the signs that were leading up to this? I've been so busy with school and sports lately so that's probably what happened. I just didn't recognize anything wrong since he was eating so well and drinking so well like all the others. I hope he wasn't suffering though and I hope I was able to give him a happy life while he was with me. Rip Simba :(

sundaysamb.jpg

I am so sorry you lost Simba. He was a handsome fella. It is highly likely that you wouldn't have noticed anything wrong as they are so good at masking and hiding illness, that by the time we notice that something may actually be wrong it is often already too late to help them. Don't blame yourself, like you said he was eating and drinking and giving you no cause for concern. Rest in peace Simba.

Man I am so sorry!! That is my worst (chameleon) nightmare that I come home to a otherwise health cham on the bottom of their cage. I am sure you did nothing wrong...and I am sure you gave him a great life!! I really think chameleons most effective chameleon effect isn't changing color but masking how they are truly feeling. He was a beautiful cham...RIP Simba:(

I am really sorry you lost Simba but I agree with Tiff, I doubt there was anything for you to see, chams just don't show illness. RIP Simba.

I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your Simba. He was so very beautiful. Please know your heart goes out to you at this time.

Awe Shawn, so very sorry to hear this. You are a great cham keeper, so don't be too hard on yourself. RIP Simba:(

thats so sad. if he was eating and drinking it must have been something sudden, mabey something no one could have seen. :( im sorry you lost him.

R.I.P. Simba

Back
Top Bottom