RIP Rocky

littlevillage

I'm not on here often, more to read than post. But a little over a year ago some of you might recall a post about me adopting a veiled with severe MBD. I was told by some ( not on the forum ) not to waste my time because he was going to die soon anyway. Well, Rocky passed away today. I would like to say that atleast I gave him over a year wich is more than he had before. He will be missed. And, even though I'm writing with tear filled eyes & a broken heart, I would do it all over again.

Sorry about your loss. Feel decent about yourself that you gave him your best and tried to make his last year his best. Hopefully your experience will help you to help others who are or will go through the same thing.

:cool:

My heart goes out to you. Cherish the year you gave to him, and be happy in knowing you did all you could.:)

Be comforted in the knowledge that Rocky had a great life with you! I know how you are feeling right now - I lost my Lily back in May. It does get easier as time passes and they leave behind so many happy memories for us. Thinking of you.

A year is a good chunk of a chameleons lifespan, better spent in your kind care, it was fortunate. Well done. :)

Sorry for your loss

I had a female jacksons chameleon about 5 years ago and I lost her when I changed her habitat and put a little friend in with her which i did not think was going to cause her so much stress to give up and die, I understand your loss and know your pain. I still miss my kaliope even now.

Sorry for your loss...

It hurts to lose a pet but you can take solace in the fact that you definitely gave him quality time that he would otherwise have been deprived of.
As jojackson said, "A year is a good chunk of a chameleons lifespan, better spent in your kind care, it was fortunate."

Thank you all for your kind words. My boyfriend along with all of you on the forum keep reminding me of the good that I did for Rocky. When I first brought him home he couldn't even climb a branch. Within a couple months of some good calcium, UVB, & TLC he was climbing to the top of his cage. Not to mention hissing at me. lol. As I said before, I would do it all again. He would have died a long time ago in a 10 gallon tank, on the floor, completely forgotten. He was a sad looking creature. But after feeling a little better, he kinda looked like a happy goof, but still beautiful in his own way. He will be missed.

You did the best you could for him and one year of full life is just awesome goal. So don't cry for him too much because you made his life happy- you should be happy for him, too! :)

I'm not on here often, more to read than post. But a little over a year ago some of you might recall a post about me adopting a veiled with severe MBD. I was told by some ( not on the forum ) not to waste my time because he was going to die soon anyway. Well, Rocky passed away today. I would like to say that atleast I gave him over a year wich is more than he had before. He will be missed. And, even though I'm writing with tear filled eyes & a broken heart, I would do it all over again.

So sorry for your loss

Thank you all for your kind words. My boyfriend along with all of you on the forum keep reminding me of the good that I did for Rocky. When I first brought him home he couldn't even climb a branch. Within a couple months of some good calcium, UVB, & TLC he was climbing to the top of his cage. Not to mention hissing at me. lol. As I said before, I would do it all again. He would have died a long time ago in a 10 gallon tank, on the floor, completely forgotten. He was a sad looking creature. But after feeling a little better, he kinda looked like a happy goof, but still beautiful in his own way. He will be missed.

i teared up when i saw the first post :'(

same thing with my dog...she had slipped disks and the doctors said she wouldnt be able to walk...(mind you my eyes were blistering red for days...weeks maybe...i love her soooo much :'D)

they said to do surgery but it wasnt 100% she would walk...we had to put her down if she couldnt walk...then a couple of days later another doctor came and said she would be able to walk...gave her some medicine and injection....and she slowly started to walk...we never gave up on her...

im glad that we gave her more years to live than to have been put down...

im happy to see someone give so much to such a little creature...he will rest in peace because of your caring

Back
Top Bottom