Requisite Weekend Photos Nine

Trace

Captain Awesome
Last week these guys turned a year old - it seems like just yesterday they were hatching too. I've made a few ever-so-brief introductions between the two but haven't seen any interest in breeding at this point and I may not the late summer when their rainy season starts. Is there anyone out there that can confirm whether their breeding times are seasonally dependent?

In the meantime enjoy the pix.

'Bad Thing' Female Trioceros cristatus.

DSC_002020110514.jpg

DSC_008620110514.jpg

DSC_002520110521.jpg

DSC_007020110619.jpg

‘Horrible Thing’ Male Trioceros cristatus. He enjoys biting now.

DSC_002120110625.jpg

DSC_008120110529.jpg

DSC_005220110625.jpg

Cheers!
Trace

Too beautiful to be mean! I love seeing chameleons like these that we do not get to view too often! They are awesome!

Awesome pics and beautiful chams Trace. What camera and settings do you use for these type of shots? I'm looking into cameras since my Nikon D60 just doesn't convince me with the quality.

Awesome pics and beautiful chams Trace. What camera and settings do you use for these type of shots? I'm looking into cameras since my Nikon D60 just doesn't convince me with the quality.

I'm shooting with a Nikon D50 which I think is one step down from your D60. I'm not a professional photographer by any stretch but for me it isn't so much what is on the body of the camera that gets a good picture, but the lens and knowing what that specific lens can and can not do and working within those parameters that gets the good shot. I've won photo contests from pics off cheap POS cameras so the camera body doesn't always have to be the best on the market. For most of the pictures of chameleons you will see on this site I'm shooting with a Tamron 90mm macro. I like the clarity and colour of the glass and it allows me to get fairly close to my animals without being intrusive. I've also been working with reptiles for a very long time and knowing their personalities and habits helps to anticipate a good shot.

Once again, thanks to everyone for all the compliments on my work.

Cheers,
T

I'm shooting with a Nikon D50 which I think is one step down from your D60. I'm not a professional photographer by any stretch but for me it isn't so much what is on the body of the camera that gets a good picture, but the lens and knowing what that specific lens can and can not do and working within those parameters that gets the good shot. I've won photo contests from pics off cheap POS cameras so the camera body doesn't always have to be the best on the market. For most of the pictures of chameleons you will see on this site I'm shooting with a Tamron 90mm macro. I like the clarity and colour of the glass and it allows me to get fairly close to my animals without being intrusive. I've also been working with reptiles for a very long time and knowing their personalities and habits helps to anticipate a good shot.

Once again, thanks to everyone for all the compliments on my work.

Cheers,
T

I'm using the Nikkor 85mm macro lens with the D60. But there it doesn't bring out quite the quality pictures I want. My sister has been studying photography for 2 years and my dad has been taking panoramic pictures all of his life and neither has gotten good results from the D60. I had a point-and-shoot sony and I was getting much better quality. My dad got the Canon EOS 7D with a 28-135mm macro and just shooting it on automatic gets way better pics than any pic we've shot with the D60s.

The pics are what you are seeing, not what the camera thinks you're seeing.

Anyways, your pictures are incredible as always

Back
Top Bottom