Reptibreeze Rust - Best Black Cage Brand

deadhd5

Avid Member
I am hoping for some good advice and also an explanation....

Could my forum friends kindly offer me some advice on best black frame cage?

I am pretty shocked how fast my reptibreeze cages are rusting! I thought that if the aluminum screens were to corrode it would take a long time since aluminum does not corrode. Is it iron deposits in my tap water that deposit themselves on the screen and then corrode?

Thanks in advance everyone!

There was a few years is wasnt aluminum screen, it was teflon plated steel. All the new ones are anodized aluminum. If you want to step it up an notch, get the new banded diycage or an lllreptile version.

The new reptibreeze cgae do not rust. And ZooMed is pretty good ablut standing behind their product. They recently replaced 6 of my cages with no hassle.

I have a small reptoibreeze for Monty to use outside, but he spent about 5 months in it over the summer/autumn. In that short time it is also rusting, which isn't good! I got a new big boy cage for Monty from MujiChameleonworld which is the UK equivalent of the LL cages I believe.

I have not tried the new DIY cages, but I prefer and will only order from LLL Reptile from now on. I ordered four 3' cages from DIY before they launched their new line and I hate all of them - the hardware is rusting, the screen arrived loose, wrinkled, and folded. One of the frames doesn't even fit correctly and the door takes some effort to open or close. And when I emailed them about it politely, with photo proof, they never replied.

So, I'm sticking to LLL. I have had almost 10 of their cages and haven't had an issue, even in the 3-4 years I've been ordering their cages. And some of my cages have been outside, 24/7 for years, and all the screws and hardware is still looking good.

Thanks to everyone for their input! My strategy is to reach out to ZooMed for a replacement to my 2x2x4, which has rusted after only 4 months. If that doesn't work out it sounds like LLL is where I will be picking up my next cage.

There was a few years is wasnt aluminum screen, it was teflon plated steel. All the new ones are anodized aluminum. If you want to step it up an notch, get the new banded diycage or an lllreptile version.

Well my Reptibreeze "aluminum screen cage" (Zoo Med's description) rusted within a few months and it was bought within the past 2 years from a store which sells lots of cages--so it was not old stock.

Really irritated me.

I'd buy from DIY or LLL instead.

The old reptibreeze stock has been floating around. And acctually still is. U now have what I know are now cages and there a few differences thy are apparent right away. They guarantee their product for one year with proof of purchase.

The old reptibreeze stock has been floating around. And acctually still is. U now have what I know are now cages and there a few differences thy are apparent right away. They guarantee their product for one year with proof of purchase.

Thanks Hoj, I have contacted ZooMed and they responded promptly with a request for a receipt or photos in order to send a replacement. I replied with photos and hope there is no issue. SO far so good.

I have two other reptibreeze cage and one is holding up very nicely, so I am assuming it is new stock.

Glad things are working out for you .
You can tell the new cages from the old two easy ways.
On the lower pane/door for cleaning the old ones have metal pins for the hinge, the new ones have plastic pins and fit alot bettrer.
Also on that same panel/door the old cages just had a simple tab that held it closed on the new ones they are latches like the ones on the main door.

Just wanted to follow up and say that ZooMed did right by me and agreed to replace my cage with a newer model. I did not have a receipt and they accepted a few pictures as enough evidence to send a replacement free of charge.

Great customer service!

Back
Top Bottom