Reef Tanks UV Bulbs

BMXICAN

Do these work on reptiles such as Reef 5.0 by Zoo Med? Just had a chance to buy a bunch for a good price but passed it up because they weren't reptile specific. Should I just jump on them and get them? Thanks! :D

Are you talking about actinic bulbs? I don't think they would be good for a cham. For one thing they can really hurt your eyes if you look at them not going through water.

Reef aquarium bulbs are meant to hit a certain color spectrum while we're looking for effective UVB production. Not to mention they all vary greatly so not knowing what you were looking at would be nearly impossible to guess whether or not they would be of any value.

I would say to stick with what you know and don't try any unmarked unamed products. It's not worth the few bucks IMHO... :)

Luis

Reef aquarium bulbs are meant to hit a certain color spectrum while we're looking for effective UVB production. Not to mention they all vary greatly so not knowing what you were looking at would be nearly impossible to guess whether or not they would be of any value.

I would say to stick with what you know and don't try any unmarked unamed products. It's not worth the few bucks IMHO... :)

Luis

That's what I figured, I was just curious.
You would be too if someone offered you $2 bulbs! :p:D
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom