Receptive Veiled

AMGChams

My female veiled is a little over a year old and showing signs of being receptive. My question is how long after showing signs of being receptive and NOT being mated do they lay unfertile eggs? I do have a laying bin in there for her and she has been going down but there is no signs of her actually digging. Thanks in advance.

Yeah i don't believe there's a set time where infertile eggs are concerned. My female laid eggs when she was just over 1 year old. If she has been showing interest in her laying bin i'd leave it in there in case she begins to dig. Make sure the sand/soil stays moist enough for a tunnel to stay up in case she decides to go for it.

Thank you

Thank you both for the replys. I am just really concerned for her and do not want her to be come egg bound. I will leave the bin in full time then.

Do you have an appropriate place in her cage for her to dig so she can show you if she does have to lay eggs?

Yes I have at the bottom of the cage at the base of one of the plants an egg laying bin that is aprox 12" long x 6" wide x 12" deep. Please advise if this is sufficant.

From reading these boards I have seen that some like play sand and others prefer the organic soil so I made a mixture of both and keep it moist enough that it she is able to tunnel. It is opaque. I have seen her a few times walking around in it but I think I need to place some kind of visiual barrier up so she doesn't see me because each time she scurries back up her plant.

Back
Top Bottom