rancid smelling poop

I would get a fecal as well - not just a float, also a smear. In birds this is classic for clostridium (bacterial overgrowth). That's not generally a problem in reptiles but really foul smelling poops isn't normal. And actually I would venture to say that was probably vomit rather than poop. When my veiled was vomiting I thought it was poop with undigested bugs and it did smell terrible. I wouldn't have known any different if I hadn't seen him upchuck. Vomiting may be a sign of worm infestation (it was in mine) so I would definitely still get the fecal even if it is vomit.

I would get a fecal as well - not just a float, also a smear. In birds this is classic for clostridium (bacterial overgrowth). That's not generally a problem in reptiles but really foul smelling poops isn't normal. And actually I would venture to say that was probably vomit rather than poop. When my veiled was vomiting I thought it was poop with undigested bugs and it did smell terrible. I wouldn't have known any different if I hadn't seen him upchuck. Vomiting may be a sign of worm infestation (it was in mine) so I would definitely still get the fecal even if it is vomit.

Where's the "Like" button on this thingy?:rolleyes:

If your chameleon doesnt typically "chew" its food, you may want to use a pin to poke a small hole in its prey, to ensure digestion.
If another poop smells bad, get a fecal done.
Poke a hole in it? hmmmm... & I thought it was weird to decapitate the superworms (I was told they might bite the inside of her mouth & make her not want to eat them) any particular place I should poke a hole so they won't die right away & she will still be interested in them? (I can't believe I am asking these questions....)
Also, I got some Dino Fuel & noticed that my feeders would eat it, I suposed that way she gets some there also.

Poke a hole in it? hmmmm... & I thought it was weird to decapitate the superworms (I was told they might bite the inside of her mouth & make her not want to eat them) any particular place I should poke a hole so they won't die right away & she will still be interested in them? (I can't believe I am asking these questions....)
Also, I got some Dino Fuel & noticed that my feeders would eat it, I suposed that way she gets some there also.

With crickets you could pull their jumping legs (Two back legs) off. This will usually leave a hole on both sides.

Back
Top Bottom