Question about heat and UVB lighting in enclosure

Purp

I have a fairly large enclosure 5'x3'x2' and I was wondering how many UVB light sources I would need and how many heat lamps I would need?

Looks like a 36" inch UVB tube would be in order. I'm just going by the width of your cage (3'). As for heat, one should suffice if you can keep temperatures up with it. Try higher wattages like 100w incadescent bulbs or higher. You might want to keep the cham's basking spot a good distance away from the bulb though to prevent burns and such.

I have a fairly large enclosure 5'x3'x2' and I was wondering how many UVB light sources I would need and how many heat lamps I would need?

How is the cage oriented? Is 5' the height or width? On cages that size I would use the longest double fluorescent fixtures with tube ReptiSun 5.0s that will fit across the top both for general lighting, for the plants, and to make sure the chams are actually under them more of the time. The number of heat spots will probably depend on the temp of your room. More if your room tends to be cool. Once you place your cage set up some lights and test where the cage gradients end up. A hand held temp gun will be perfect for this...you can set up the lights and spot check the temp in any part of the cage whenever you need to.

Back
Top Bottom