Question about cricket Gutload

DNA

I have just read the article from http://www.adcham.com/html/husbandry/gutload.html

I have four questiones, please help me. thanks in advance.
1. In the article, there are two part (Dry mix and Wet mix). Does both of them constitute gutload to crickets? I provide water to cricket to drink whether wet mix can be superseded?

2. How litre it is in one CUP?

3. coconut=fresh coconut or coconut powder?

4. Could I use yeast powder instead of brewers yeast?

I have just read the article from http://www.adcham.com/html/husbandry/gutload.html

I have four questiones, please help me. thanks in advance.
1. In the article, there are two part (Dry mix and Wet mix). Does both of them constitute gutload to crickets? I provide water to cricket to drink whether wet mix can be superseded?

2. How litre it is in one CUP?

3. coconut=fresh coconut or coconut powder?

4. Could I use yeast powder instead of brewers yeast?

Hello DNA,

looks like your post may have been missed in our holiday commotion over here. I will do my best to answer you...

1. Yes, the ingredients are for crickets or any other insects you feed to your chams that will readily eat (roaches, superworms, mealworms, etc.) How do you provide water? Crickets can drown easily and if you use a small sponge with water they can poop in it and foul it up quickly so fresh veggie provide the moisture they need as well as providing nutrients to them, thus to your chameleons.

2. 1 cup = .24 litre (notice the decimal before 24) Here is a great site for Metric/US conversion

3. raw, unsweetened coconut. it is often referred to as shredded.

4. I see you live in China so powdered yeast may well be the same thing. Brewers yeast is the type of yeast that is used in brewing beer. Personally, I use nutritional yeast which is easily found at health food stores and I would think you could find it. it is usually rather flaky, yellow in color and has a cheesy taste. I use it on toast and other dishes and my cats love it, too. Much better tasting than brewers so it is always on hand.

Hope this helps. Here is another site with good general nutrient guidelines:
Nutrition

Thank you very very very much lele.

Have you seen the setup for brids drinking?
I use it as setup to provide water.

It is hard to find raw, unsweetened coconut in Beijing. Could I don't put cocont into the gotload? Does it have the same nutrition without cocont?

Question
1. ....The texture should resemble a "chunky" powder....
Which is "chunky" powder? big or small?
2. if hard to provide water to cricket, cabbage, carrot,lettuce could be instead of water.
it is easy to find than the list on wet mix.

Thanks again.

DNA said..."In the article, there are two part (Dry mix and Wet mix). Does both of them constitute gutload to crickets? I provide water to cricket to drink whether wet mix can be superseded?"...both wet and dry are supposed to be used to provide a complete gutload.

You said..."It is hard to find raw, unsweetened coconut in Beijing. Could I don't put cocont into the gotload? Does it have the same nutrition without cocont?"...if you can't get it you have no choice. No, it wouldn't have the exact same nutrition....but it should still be good. You could use fresh coconut if that is available...but it would be put in the wet part then I think.

You said..."The texture should resemble a "chunky" powder"....a powder would be like the supplements you dust the insects with. A chunky powder would not be so powdered. It would have small pieces in it.

You said..."if hard to provide water to cricket, cabbage, carrot,lettuce could be instead of water"...romaine lettuce would provide water and be better than regular lettuce. People usually don't use cabbage.

Most of wet are hard to get to me. and it is hard to deposit. I must make wet mix every day.

I decide to make dry mix for cricket only.

Up to now, I get crickets from market sell. I am sure that the people sell crickets don't feed crickets with gutload. I am one in a few people who know that use gutload to feed cricket. So the crickets I just get are nutrient deficiency. it will become eutrophy after feed gutload. I want to know how long can it become eutrophy after I feed gutload? after 24h?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom