Quadricornis gracilior

spadefish

I have a pair of brevicaudatus which are a hoot. I have been reading about quadricornis gracilior and am wondering how difficult they are to keep. I understand that they are montanes their temperature requirements, but i am looking for the collective experience. I am an experienced reptile keeper, but want to be sure that these guys do relatively well in captivity before I dive in. Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Terry

I have Quadricornis Quadricornis, and they are kool. As long as you get them set up to meet temps and humidity they are not any different than other chams. They are the most rewarding cham I have had so far. But prior the the quads, I was limited to panthers, veileds & senegals, so I don't have a broad expierence to draw from.

I plan to return for Daytona with pgymys for the first time. I will be asking you for help soon.:)

What is your setup for the quadricornis? Do you keep them outside at all? I would love to have an outside enclosure to give the pygmys some natural sunlight. do you have any issues keeping the quads cool in the summer?

BTW, the pygmys are easy. Mist, heat, crickets, various wormies, etc. They are a hoot and a half to watch especially when they are facing away from you and look at you with one eye. But, I am easily entertained.:)

quads are a montane species, HIgh humidity, and low temps. is ideal.

there are several other members that keep them quiet successfully and would love to tell you more about them *COUGH* josh.

quad quad is more common then the quad gracilor i believe the difference is one has a bit more of a peachy red body.

You might want to take something for that cough Sang.:)

Quads are the best!! As long as you keep them at around 75 degrees or cooler, with high humidity, they are pretty easy. Only take them out when it is 70 or less outside and then they love it! I use a reptifogger for the humidity with pothos in the cage along with a few mists a day. I'll post a better care sheet for you soon. Right now I am a bit busy.

Hows Jet doing, Laurie? My two hold backs are HUGE now.

You might want to take something for that cough Sang.:)

Quads are the best!! As long as you keep them at around 75 degrees or cooler, with high humidity, they are pretty easy. Only take them out when it is 70 or less outside and then they love it! I use a reptifogger for the humidity with pothos in the cage along with a few mists a day. I'll post a better care sheet for you soon. Right now I am a bit busy.

Hows Jet doing, Laurie? My two hold backs are HUGE now.

Hey Josh, you should see Jet, he is soooooo big you wouldn't know him. And what a little ham, sometimes when I hold in a silkie he will get on my hand and just sit there looking at me. He may or may not eat right then. He will also do the hide behind a vine and peak out at you, Just the best little person in the world. He HATES to go outside!! Crawls into a plant as far as he can get from sunshine and stays there until I bring him in. I will weight him and put up pictures soon.:D

Just to clarify, i dont provide ANY active heat to the brevs. They get UVA/B filtered through a good canopy of plants. In winter, when the house is colder, they need a bit of ambient heat which they get because they are next to the heat lamp on the geckos. They never go about about 75-76 degrees during the day.

I have kept and bred the subspecies gracilior. I kept them at the same requirements as the quadricornis without any problems. Cooler temps and higher humidity are the basics.They are in my opinion prettier than the regular quads.

I have kept and bred the subspecies gracilior. I kept them at the same requirements as the quadricornis without any problems. Cooler temps and higher humidity are the basics.They are in my opinion prettier than the regular quads.

That does it!!!!! I am going to start a thread and post pictures of Jet and Tuffy. There is not a prettier quad in the world than Jet. BTY that is just a accutate description :rolleyes, I am complete objective.:rolleyes:

That does it!!!!! I am going to start a thread and post pictures of Jet and Tuffy. There is not a prettier quad in the world than Jet. BTY that is just a accutate description :rolleyes, I am complete objective.:rolleyes:

I never argue with a lady.;)

Back
Top Bottom