quadricornis feeding aggression

DGray

Avid Member
Like a lot of people, I thought keeping small groups of quadricornis together was reasonably safe, but an incident that occurred yesterday has me re-thinking that supposition.

I was feeding the cage with three female adult wc quads, and one who had just finished two crickets, struck the cricket another was eating with her tongue. Seeing she needed a bit more, I hand-fed her several more crickets and a roach, but she still was going after any other animal who had a cricket in her mouth to the point of biting another female on the snout. I quickly separated the offender. Everyone is OK, with no damage. The "victim" female did not seem too upset, and continued eating from my hand normally.

Has anyone else every heard of any type of aggression like this in quads; perhaps when they are housed together as neonates?

Last edited:
Hi DGray,

yes, I have heard of this type of aggression.
it's why I have 3 cages ready for 3 quads. (still waiting for my first to ship to me)

while it's true that some have kept even 1 male with 2 females together, I personaly don't like the idea.
you just never know if or when something bad will happen and I just don't want to take such a chance.

I also hope you get some more responces from quad keepers that have tryed to house then together. sadly, I am just lucky to be starting out with them.

Harry

This is the first I have seen in keeping them for more than three years, and seeing many when I was in the pet business. FWIW, this group has been peaceful for many months until now.

I keep them also together.
They have a large inside enclosure and they doing very well.
In the summer months(Belgium) I keep them outside in a enclosure from 2 meters high and 1 meter square.
Never have seen any problems, but a good observation is necessary!

Back
Top Bottom