Pygmy in Exo Terra NANO tall?

yojon3000

well im looking at the exo terra nano and thinking if i buy that if one pygmy could fit in there it would be so adorable on my desk the cage is the tall version so its 8x8x12. i dont have a pygmy though :eek:

I noticed that! why are there no more pygmies available? i feel like i never should have stopped breeding them!!

Tanzania has stopped exporting, I believe. But a few forum members are breeding them as we speak so there should be a few available in the coming months.

A shipment of pygmies just came in this past week. I believe Tanzania is open now since we have seen a few shipments, though I have not seen an official anouncment.

well im looking at the exo terra nano and thinking if i buy that if one pygmy could fit in there it would be so adorable on my desk the cage is the tall version so its 8x8x12. i dont have a pygmy though :eek:

This is my opinion only, but that's a very small space for any creature to live out its life in. Tiny cages are harder to manage because there simply isn't enough space for the different levels of humidity and temperature a cham needs during the day and night. Also, you'll need enough space for living plants, for the cham to hunt its food, to bask, drink, and hide. Sounds like a not-so-great quality of life IMHO.

Plus the fact that most pygmies (I don't know if the new ones at LLL are imported or not) are still imported, of unknown age, and have fairly short lifespans. If you haven't kept chams before it may not be the best one to start off with.

woah i forgot i made this thread i got a veiled one week ago but what is the pygmy care compared to veileds? do pygmys need a basking spot? i know for sure i can have them in a tank and what do they eat? can they eat small crickets and what about supplements? would repashy calcium plus be fine for dust?

Back
Top Bottom