Pronouncing locales

sarah777

So I see and write the names of the panther locales all the time but don't know how to pronounce them. Can Someone write out how to pronounce them? I'm mostly curious about Nosy Be, Ambilobe and Ambanja. Thanks!

Nosy Be I think is like it sounds, Ambilobe is Am-Bee-LOH-Bee I >>THINK<<
and Im almost certain its Am-Bahn-Ha but again I may be wrong

I heard someone say Nosy Be today and the pronounced it Nose-ee Bay and I figured it was Nose-ee B?

As far as the proper Malagasy pronunciation, Nosy is pronounced NOOSE-ee (double o intentional) with the s somewhere between s and sh and Be is like bet without the t. Ambilobe is am-BEE-lo-BE. Ambanja is am-BAN-jə with a like the a in father and the j between dz and j.

As far as the proper Malagasy pronunciation, Nosy is pronounced NOOSE-ee (double o intentional) with the s somewhere between s and sh and Be is like bet without the t. Ambilobe is am-BEE-lo-BE. Ambanja is am-BAN-jə with a like the a in father and the j between dz and j.

the Ambanja took me a while. I like the Nosy Be even more. :b Thanks! Very interesting. How about the other Locales?

That helps, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom