problem with eye site

scooter4n

Established Member
My veiled cham (about 6-7 months old) missing pray, like I can hold something 4" away from him and hi shots at my finger, then I get closer and he gets it, and not a big eater lately.
And I belive he can't see pray in the feading cup too, because he's not eating from there too
What can cause that?

He is trying to aim and watch you at the same time. When hand feeding him, put the prey insect in front of your face so that he can aim for the prey insect with BOTH eyes and still see you. That is most likely what it is, but i could be wrong.

Well, heavier mistings and a shower can't hurt. Its worth it IMHO just to make sure that isn't it. If he seems a little dehydrated, you should try to re-hydrate him anyway.

My veiled cham (about 6-7 months old) missing pray, like I can hold something 4" away from him and hi shots at my finger, then I get closer and he gets it, and not a big eater lately.
And I belive he can't see pray in the feading cup too, because he's not eating from there too
What can cause that?

Hi Scooter,

What type of supplement schedule do you have him on? I would look at that first. How about gutload?

Any chance he strained his tongue and isn't having a problem with his eyes?

Any other signs of illness? Has he shed recently? Anything besides looking dehydrated? And, just to confirm.. you have him on a misting system, don't you?

Heika

Cricks and worms are fed with all kinds of food available in the store, greens and dry(grain).
I dust every day with Calcium Phfoshp. free, every 15 days for one time D3 and vitamins.
I don't see any problems with his eyes at all, always open and look good, little inside, like dehydration sign, ill post pics when I get home.
Didn't shed for about few weeks now.
I have ultrasonic humidifier ON for 15 min every hour, and sprayer sprays at the plants for drink for 5 seconds every hour. Then I mist him after i get home and give him showers 2 times a week.
Temps are 95C at basking and 70 room temp, 5.0 UVB right above him 8-10"

here is the pictures.
how is he looking??

Attachments

• IMG_1180.JPG
    IMG_1180.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1182.JPG
    IMG_1182.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1187.JPG
    IMG_1187.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1188.JPG
    IMG_1188.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1190.JPG
    IMG_1190.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 112
Hey scooter,

Honestly, I think he looks a little dehydrated, but not bad. Your husbandry sounds good, and nothing jumps out there. Maybe it is time to run him by a vet.

Heika

Back
Top Bottom