pro mist useless POS!!!

well folks my gf suprised me today with a nice new promist 60 system. let me tell you... this thing is absolutely WONDERFUL.... for injecting AIR into my cham enclosure. maybe for a random drip here or there... coz that's all it does. nothin.

total **** POS. waste of time. waste of money. with all the ass kissing this product gets around here i had pretty high expectations for it... the least of which included it to actually function. i really don't think i could possibly be more angry right now. when she gets her money back i am just gonna build my own.

Is it possible that you hooked it up wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
nope. not exactly rocket science there heh... i even tried with both nozzles since i only need one. if i mess around with the lines on the pump and push them both in really hard (even though they won't go in any further, the pressure makes a difference) and hold it there the whole thing will shake really hard and i might get mist for a split second then its right back to drip / air as soon as i let go. unplugged and reconnected all the lines, no difference

*whew*

false alarm, got it workin now. all i did was disconnect everything, re-cut the lines going into the pump, put it back together and it mysteriously all of a sudden works.

nothin really different about the way i cut it or anything.. it just inexplicably works now. no real reason for it, just like no reason for it to not work when i first plugged it in... that's just about as frustrating as it not workin in the first place :rolleyes:

it still does shake though. the pump itself not so much but the whole mist line / nozzle was shaking real good after it decided to start workin (yes, it MUST have a mind of its own...)

Last edited:
Sounds like you didn't push the hose into the fittings far enough. I did the same thing too when I first got it. As far as the hose vibrating, well that's common with that pump style, but it's the best pump for the job.

no that wasn't it. when it was failing i was pushing the fittings together as hard as i could and they wouldn't go in any further. as far as i can tell there was absolutely no reason for it, that happens to me alot though :p lol

Took me a few tries at it also, if the lines aren't cut exactly flush you have to shove the tube in somewhat hard, or just recut them

how do you get them back out?

i tried and i could not get the tubing out the pump.

Hold the section that the tube fits in to so it does not move and pull the tube... it should just slip out!
Fiddle around with it and you will eventually figure it out, it is designed that way...

I posted a reply to a thread a while ago about the pro-mist 60 and as lonomac said, you have to cut the tube perfectly square and insert it right into the fitting, or it wont work...
after the initial frustration, mines working fine...
Cheers
Scott.

i would not recommend anyone buy this thing.

it definately was not the re cutting, my re cut was essentially useless... it was perfectly flat the first time, i have no idea why i cut it again because there was no difference at all in the way the line looked when i put it back the second time. :confused:

it may not quite be a useless POS but considering the ridiculous amount of praise this thing gets, i am still severely disappointed with it. all they do is throw a few bucks worth of equipment into a box, slap thier company sticker over the pump, and charge way more than double what the whole thing should cost at retail. price is the biggest problem, even though it was a gift i am still considering trying to return it just because i could build it 3 or 4 times over for the price it cost.

the pump can run set flat or mounted to a wall, and for $200 you would think some kind of mounting hardware would be included. nope. you want your pump on the wall you better take your ass to home depot, and don't think you can just get away with a couple screws in the drywall either. it's a heavy pump and it shakes quite a bit, it's gonna be a little bit of a project if you want this thing mounted upright.

no res. i know this may seem like a BS complaint, but well i just don't care, for $200 this thing should make my damn breakfast for me :p. sure there would be added package size, but really could including a res affect the shipping weight in any significant way after that pump?? i don't think so. it's just an easy excuse to take 5 more of those 200 dollars as profit instead of providing a needed, not to mention extremely cheap, part of the system. just like the lack of mounting hardware there is no excuse for it other than greed.

even the included digital timer didn't do much for me. sure it is a very nice timer, but it is a huga PITA to set up. 30 minutes programming a digi timer to do something 2x every day that i could have programmed an analog timer to do in 30 seconds.

pro mist is definately not a worthwhile buy IMO. IF i do keep it, it will be ONLY because i did not personally pay for it. you could go out an get yourself a diaphragm pump, mist head, water line, and timer (all that's included) for less than half the price and "building" your own system with it is gonna be basically the same as assembling pro mist from the box.

Back
Top Bottom