Pro-mist questions

lou8706

I am looking into buying a misting system for my cham. The brand I have been eyeing most is the pro-mist, because it seems like it is the most recommended. Which one would be the best to get? The 50 or 60? I would be using it to mist a 2 by 2 by 4 foot screen cage. Also, what nozzles would be the best ones to buy?

If you're just going to be running one cage, the smaller and cheaper pump would be more than enough.

I'm going to be selling misting systems in a few weeks after I get a few things lined out, so if you're not in a huge hurry, I could make you a great deal. :)

Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind. If i got the 50, since it doesnt come with a timer, i would have to by one. And does the 60 come with better nozzles than the 50? If so wouldn't those two things nullify the price difference?

anyone? ok, well what nozzles does everyone use? and where do ou placce them in the cage? and if you have an aluminum screen cage, do you just make a hole and put the tubing through the hole?

I made a small incision in the back of my aluminum cage, at the mid-top level. Got two washers (5/8 in size). Put one washer in the outside of the cage and one in. Holds it in pretty well. I just use the nozzles it came with and works fine.

do you have the promist 50 or 60? And do you have problems with the water going thru the screen since it is pointing to the side and not down?

I have a PM 50, probably all you'll need also. I decided, hesitantly, to put it on the side. I dont have any issues with water coming through the screen there. I thought that if I put it on the top then that would cause more leakage. Plus the lights would get it in the way. As for the washers it will probably make more sense when you see the misting nozzle. Its a threaded nozzle with a plastic nut on it. Take off the nut and put a washer on. Put the nozzle through the screen. Put another washer on from inside the cage, screw the nut back on. Done. One thing I did though is bought a little spool of generic wire at Lowes. Its great for tying things down on the screen. I had to tie down the tubing to the nozzle as when the pump is on, it vibrates shaking the cage, but not so much if you tie it down.

Ok, thanks for the help. Do you mind if i ask where you got your timer and how much it was? Also, why did you think that mounting the nozzle on top would cause more leakage?

Ok, thanks for the help. Do you mind if i ask where you got your timer and how much it was? Also, why did you think that mounting the nozzle on top would cause more leakage?

I tested the nozzle while it was on. It just seemed that it was spraying pretty wide so I assumed it would shower the carpet. The screen does block some water though to a minimum, I could be wrong and it may work well.

You can get a timer at lowes for about 20 bucks. The mistake I made was getting one where the timer was using 30 minute intervals. Get a timer that has multiple programmable times, and around 10-20 minutes of time interval. I got a good digital one for $20 that does whatever and however many times I want. Much better than the timers with the plastic tabs.

Howdy,

I have aluminum screened enclosures and I just have the nozzles aimed from above the screen. I use the cream colored nozzles that have a decent volume and a fairly wide angle spray area.

For those who like to punch holes in their screen :))), here's an example of a friend's Reptarium. She used standard 1/2" brass grommets.
ScreenGrommet3.jpg

I bought the 60 because it came with the timer and the nozzles that can be cleaned so the price was just a little more when everything was added up. That and I was thinking of the future incase I ever wanted to get more cages.

Back
Top Bottom