Ethen44

My vet gave me some pro-biotic for my panther chameleons. It's intended to supplement the "good gut bacteria" in my chameleons. He gave it to my overweight female suggesting that it would help her digest her food better. He also said that I should dust my feeders for ALL of my chameleons with the pro-biotic formula at least 2x a week. What are your thoughts on this?

This is my feeding schedule, as well as my feeder insects, and their gutload as it is right now. My feeders consist of turkistan roaches, blaptica dubias, black crickets, brown crickets, with the occasional superworm snack for my male panther. I also will give them hornworms or silk worms, although I don't breed these, so they are far less frequent. I gutload them with a dry gutload formula from SPF, it's a very good mix. I believe he has the ingredients of it posted online. I also use dark greens, apples, oranges, cucumbers, lettuce, and cucumbers. Adults get fed every other day with as much as they want in a 3-5 minute period. I dust my females food 2x a weeks with cal no d3, and 2x a month with a multivit with d3. Would anyone suggest that with that regime I would still need this pro-biotic? Thank you for all of your inputs

I dusted the feeders with it, and my female ate 2 of the 7 turkistan roaches I offered, the rest were dead the next morning :confused: Those are some tough little critters too, I find it strange that the Bene-Bac killed them.

Back
Top Bottom