• no

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • maybe

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoCaliSon

Avid Member
Well I am thouroughly excited for the show... Julia and I were planning on spending both days down there and maybe do the show sautuday and the Zoo on Sunday, or the other way around. I was looking to make a reservation for Saturday night at the Hotel they listed on the SuperShow site... And the only room specials for the show are on Friday night:mad: and saturday is $180 a night(which isn't bad still from what I have compared it too)... That room special is no good for someone coming down for both days, and they had never even heard of the Coupon Code: "Reptile Show". Any local SD'ers have any recommendations for lodging??? How bout a place to get a cold beer when it's all over?

Would any other members be interested in Meeting up at the zoo one of the days... I thought that might be a fun place to meet and talk with some fellow members as well.

Also anyone travelling into the area should be aware of what is currently going on at the boarder, Read this thread started by JeweledChameleonshttps://www.chameleonforums.com/border-cartel-bloodbath-tj-11947/ and unfortunalty they are reporting on the news now that the Cartels are kidnapping people from over the boarder and holding them for ransom... Don't want to scare anyone from coming down here... Just want to make sure that everyone knows the situation. If you are planning on going into mexico please look into this first and realize how serious it really is.

We are going to stay at the Days Inn near the air port... (I think, wife is in charge of that) Its a very short drive and was 110-ish a night... Can't meet up at the Zoo, busy both days :( I love that place though! Last year after the show we went to sea world. We will be going out at night and hang out with the crazy reptile people...

Last edited:
Well I can look into it and make a bid for a group rate offer
If we can get 5 or more people to stay at a place
I bet that we can cut the per room fee quite a bit.

There's lots of places in mission valley
it's about 10 min away from the show for less money.
Day's Inn is a good choice

are we looking for CHEAP CHEAP or nice and cheap?
I guess it's nice and cheap rooms that'll take care of people.

I suggest that we all try to get a group rate and move that per night figure
down to $75-90 bucks... that's much more reasonable.
I'll offer 5 + rooms reserved for the weekend
I'll stop on by a few places tonight and see if I can set something up.
If w can get a bunch of herp freaks to stay at the same place ...
it should be all that much more fun!

I'll only ask that people stop by my booth when at the show
and maybe buy me a beer IF I save them some cash on rooms :)

Well I can look into it and make a bid for a group rate offer
If we can get 5 or more people to stay at a place
I bet that we can cut the per room fee quite a bit.

There's lots of places in mission valley
it's about 10 min away from the show for less money.
Day's Inn is a good choice

are we looking for CHEAP CHEAP or nice and cheap?
I guess it's nice and cheap rooms that'll take care of people.

I suggest that we all try to get a group rate and move that per night figure
down to $75-90 bucks... that's much more reasonable.
I'll offer 5 + rooms reserved for the weekend
I'll stop on by a few places tonight and see if I can set something up.
If w can get a bunch of herp freaks to stay at the same place ...
it should be all that much more fun!

I'll only ask that people stop by my booth when at the show
and maybe buy me a beer IF I save them some cash on rooms
Today 02:30 PM

I like it... I actually just checked Days inn and for a 1 bed room it is about that (75-90) depending on Smokin/nonsmoking and size of the bed. But I would be in just for the sake of a bunch of us staying at the same place... Would make the post party freaking awesome.

Well if we can get it done
then the rate would be lower then that.

if I can secure it as a name / group discount
then I'll post it here and everyone can jump on board.

Sounds great ... Let us know... It would be awesome to find a place walking distance to the show... and staggering distance from the bars!

I would be interested in the group rate. I am a new to the forum and the cham world. Just acquired a Ambilobe Panther from Kammerflage (father Isairy-mifidy). I have to admit I am hooked. My wife and I love the little guy. We have already talked about making a little vacation out of the trip to the show. :D

Any word on that group rate JC?? I have a feeling places are going to filling and prices are going to rising...

I looked around and saw some rooms available for $60 a night.
Premier Inn Mission Valley
http://hotelsinsider.travelhero.com/index.cfm/id/65762/aid/1620/city/SAN DIEGO/index.html

Although I haven't gone and seen the rooms
I don't think they're "too bad" (ymmv) -certainly cheap!

Motel 6 mission valley is also a good advertised rate.
it's right next door to the above motel.
http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.aspx?num=0014

Both are off the freeway north side of the 8 highway
and about 10 min away from the show.
you should be able to watch the fireworks from seaworld on the weekend from both the hotels.

I think that everyone knows what to expect from a Motel 6
the premier is not going to be as nice for the money difference.

IF these don't suit the majority I'll move up a notch
and locate something in the next price range.
There's lots to choose from in a short space.
Price goes up the closer you are to the 163 freeway (2 mile span).

let me know your thoughts.
ron~

I think they've moved this year to the Concourse downtown on Front Street. If this is the case there is a Holiday Inn right there where you literally could walk down the street and be at the show. It's a cheap Holiday Inn too, FYI. Weekend rate for peak season in SD is going to be a little pricey anywhere though, about 110-120 a night minimum but you might be able to find a Roach Motel for $80 - and there are a lot of these downtown! Just bring your hungriest Chams, shouldn't be a problem.

you might be able to find a Roach Motel for $80 - and there are a lot of these downtown! Just bring your hungriest Chams, shouldn't be a problem.

I almost spit out the soda was drinking when I read that… hahaha. You aren’t kidding though, I went to SD a year or so ago for work and crashed in a place like that… Needless to say I slept with my cloths on and got 50% off my room because it was a $hi^ hole; however it was a place to crash and that’s all I was looking for…

I was going to be in L.A during that time and wanted to stop by the show. But it turned out that all the hotels were booked. I guess everyone is going to the show that weekend.

There is the circular Holiday inn up the street
it's one of the oldest buildings there (60's building design)
I checked the rates ($162 1 day stay)
http://hotelsandiego.us/hotel.php/107226-hotel/

Here's a list to choose from:
big list of downtown hotels

all I'm saying is pick one and get a group rate and save some cash!
I live close by and can help out with checking the place out beforehand
and making a face to face with the manager to get the better rate.
we started off cheap but not totally "roach"... just let me know... we'll get the rooms
then come on over and visit me at the booth the day of the show! :D

That's the Holiday Inn I mentioned - looks the like Tower Records building in LA. Little pricier than I expected. There are also hotels on Harbor Drive by the Airport. Would be about a 10 minute drive to the Concourse. Check Expedia, ect for room rates, you might be able to find a deal.

I'm thinking it would probably be best to aim for a group rate at the holiday inn close to the show... I hate driving... and it would be sweet to just stroll back after the show. Question... as this will be first one... Do they sell concesions at the show(food, drinks, Beer... especially beer)... or do you have to handle that stuff on your own after the show?

Last year they had food... Hot dogs, nacho, soda, ect... I dont think beer though. I am going to have a well stocked ice chest at my booth, however I dont think Ramy would like me passing out buds to the cham people :D Drink'n is after the show :)

There's a bar and grill that's actually pretty good right outside the front door of the Community Concourse.

Okay .. PreShow party in my room! If I can get enough of you vendors liquored up before the show we might see some really awesome deals!

...But what would be fun would be to get some kind of table reserved at a bar or resturaunt in the area after the show on Sat night and advertise it here... So that we could have some forum members come and enjoy some dinner and drinks and shoot the breeze. Sounds like this might be another area we could use your help JC... If you could find a place where we could have Cham Forums people to meet up and shoot the breeze.

Back
Top Bottom