powdered cuttlefish?

kandyman

i'm having a very hard time here in japan trying to find a calcium supplement without D3 for my panther!!

i live in a fairly rural area with few pet stores around, none of them have what i need... however i did find a powdered cuttlfish supplement for birds.

it is made from 100% cuttlefish bone and contains no other vitamins or anything. would this be ok to use with a chameleon? what are the risks?

i'd be worried about importing calcium from overseas because they are super strict at customs here, probably more so with any white powders!!

thanks.

I feed cuttlebone to my turtles and use it in gutloads from time to time. I know it helps my turtles get more calcium, but I have never crushed it and used as a supplement for chams or other lizards. Im pretty sure it will work though. I would try it if you cant find anything else. Goodluck!

If you boil eggs and then peel the shell off and dry the shell out then pound it to a powder with a mortar and pestle it will be a good source of calcium.

We've had this discussion before and I believe the answer was ground up cuttle bone is fine. You can even grind it yourself if you need to (or if it's cheaper).

Back
Top Bottom