pottery painting

jandie

though i can't take credit for the actual "design"...just thought i'd share a pic of my most recent endeavor at the ceramicafe. :)

chamvase.jpg

turned out a little darker after firing... i was quite happy with it. :)

Reactions: Hoj
Very cool!! I'm taking a ceramics class right now. Not as easy as it looks!! So how does this cermicafe work? Are they all pinch pieces or can you throw as well? Do they fire for you?

you basically go in and pick out the piece and pay for that, then you use their supplies to paint/design etc. (i usually wind up taking in a design or something i've printed out and use carbon paper to transfer it onto the piece i'm painting), then they glaze and fire it for you. can't remember where i found this image online, and it's almost a cross with the veiled cham and panther colors...lol....but just thought the little guy was cute. it's a square vase, and i wanted to do one on both sides, but you have to put 2-3 coats of paint on it, and with all the little details....it usually takes me hours to do one. lol. it's a lot brighter color once it's fired...so most of it is a bright orange with reds and purples and yellows....and i put "y bars" on the small sides. =)

you did a nice job and the cham is cute. That must have been a lot of work, I have been to those places But never had anything neat that neat.

Back
Top Bottom