Post -MBD

Jam

after a (longish) hiatus I just wanted to pop in with a picture of hermie (I have a folder under "jam" in the members folders). Some of you might remember hermie's long struggle with MBD that ended up with him breaking all four legs, and having 3 casts and a sling. (yes, you did read that right). He's now a healthy 2 yo male who lives a normal chameleon life. The only thing he hates to do is chase down crickets -- but I think it's due to laziness more than anything .. bc when he finds a way to escape out of his cage he goes JETTING like a mad man across the floor. at any rate I figure after all he's been through if he wants worms, worms he'll get.

Wow good job,jeez all that and he made it,you mustve done a great job and had alot of patience,and he must be a strong cham to go through that,once again good job:)

Wow!

Wow! I am totally awed by his recovery. I am very happy to "meet" such a dedicated keeper too. Awesome job of getting him healthy. Please keep active in this group. You have obviously got some really good experience with a difficult condition. Excellent :)

Thanks. I definately have to give him the credit. I said from the beginning that if he ever gave up we were done and I"d have him humanely euthanized. But the little guy kept going with non-stressed colors, would eat worms out of your hand and baby food out of a syringe, drank from a syringe and also from a bowel.

I still remember the first time that he snatched a cricket himself with his tonge rather than being fed ... I knew at that point that we were going to make it. :)

I also found it completely amusing that he became a very sweet chameleon while sick -- no hissing or anything -- but the minute he didn't have to rely on me for food he went right back to his hissing/biting/leave me alone self. A very smart individual. :)

Back
Top Bottom