Possible Kidney trouble?

JoeG

So I had a fecal done that came back negative for parasites. He had very loose fecals. Like mostly very loose white urates. The vet thinks it could be a kidney infection but can't be sure without bloodwork that runs 250 dollars after I just spent 52 for the fecal. Has anybody had any experience with these problems? I'm trying to not need the bloodwork. Thanks

i dont know for sure but i have suspected this or prolonged imbalanced diet causing organs to not function properly.

i dont know for sure but i have suspected this or prolonged imbalanced diet causing organs to not function properly.

He gets a varied diet just like my other chams & he just recently has become ill. Thank you for the suggestion. I'm hoping that someone has had an experience with their cham similar to mine , its the loose white urates that concerns me the most , & has been able to correct the problem. I have been keeping him hydrated as he seems more thirsty than usual.

I am sorry to hear that your little one is not well. I don't have any experience with kidney problems but I do know that blood work can tell you allot about what's going on with your Cham. Too bad you can't find a Cham vet that's no so expensive. I thank God every day that I have Dr. Alfonso.

I am sorry to hear that your little one is not well. I don't have any experience with kidney problems but I do know that blood work can tell you allot about what's going on with your Cham. Too bad you can't find a Cham vet that's no so expensive. I thank God every day that I have Dr. Alfonso.

I wish they were reasonable too. They are bloodsuckers out here.

I wish they were reasonable too. They are bloodsuckers out here.

Ouch. Not stereotyping too much, are we?

I'm not going to hijack this thread with a defense of my own or anyone else's fees, but I can promise you that whatever I do with exotics from appointments to major surgery typically takes 3-4x longer than it would for a domesticated animal. I'll leave it at that for now, but will probably be forced to revisit it and explain further. Against my better wishes and judgement.

dr. o-

Sorry to hear about your guy... I have the same exact thing going on right now. I had to leave the country for a while and left the cham with someone I thought was responsible enough to take care of him. I have had him in the vet THREE times. I just had the blood work done... couldn't stand it anymore. The Vet told me that it was possibly 90% kidney failure. He had a high white blood count but nothing else is there. The Vet said that kidney failure is from dehydration or improper hydration.

He's in pain... alot. I don't know what to do with him anymore because he is not getting any better.

I've had to hand feed him and water him with a syringe for the last two months. My dilemma now is to euthanize him or not... I dont want to... but he just doesn't get any better, and to watch him curl up in a ball and is always on the floor of the cage. He just looks like he hurts... I don't want to put him to sleep but I think he's in pain and would not be alive if I didn't feed him.

Dr. O, I think the OP was just saying that vets in New York charge more than vets in other areas....bloodsuckers is a pretty strong word, but I think the important things are that he was comparing his experience to Jann's and used the words "out here".

Back
Top Bottom