Poor aim - what’s up?

Are you seeing any sign of a bite to the tongue? It has been a full month. I would expect his aim to be more spot on at this point. How many feeders a day is he managing to get down? Is he still gaining grams and growing well?
Oh, he’s eating well (between 10 and 20 feeders a day, lots of variety) and growing like a monster. This doesn’t seem to be stopping him getting the food he needs.

He also still uses his tongue, which is good, just from a closer distance than he necessarily should need a lot of the time. I do think he’s missing less, but I’m still hoping for more improvement than I’ve seen.

I still haven’t really seen a visible sign of an injury, but I haven’t given myself a ton of opportunities to peek in there. I’m also not sure if an injury caused by the tongue not being able to retract properly (such as from a hornworm sticking tight to a branch) would necessarily be visible? This is what I kind of suspect would have been the culprit for injury.

Beman

Chameleon Enthusiast
Oh, he’s eating well (between 10 and 20 feeders a day, lots of variety) and growing like a monster. This doesn’t seem to be stopping him getting the food he needs.

He also still uses his tongue, which is good, just from a closer distance than he necessarily should need a lot of the time. I do think he’s missing less, but I’m still hoping for more improvement than I’ve seen.

I still haven’t really seen a visible sign of an injury, but I haven’t given myself a ton of opportunities to peek in there. I’m also not sure if an injury caused by the tongue not being able to retract properly (such as from a hornworm sticking tight to a branch) would necessarily be visible? This is what I kind of suspect would have been the culprit for injury.
If it was caused by a bite you would see an injury... If it was caused by trying to take the worm off a branch and it holding on then you would not necessarily see the issue. As long as he is eating that is the main thing. Targeting should get better with time if it was a strain.

If it was caused by a bite you would see an injury... If it was caused by trying to take the worm off a branch and it holding on then you would not necessarily see the issue. As long as he is eating that is the main thing. Targeting should get better with time if it was a strain.
I hope so!

Top Bottom