Please review my panther's weight - with pictures

unravel

Hello,

I'm a very paranoid reptile keeper, i also have a green tree monitor who is just thriving and doesnt give me an issue in terms of husbandry, but this guy just worries me for some reason! I think as he grows i dont know what to expect hehe, my first cham.

He's about 7-8 months now :)

Here's setup (2x2x4)
forumsetup.jpg

Here he is, sorry bad pictures just wanted to snap some quick ones today:
forum1.jpg

forum2.jpg

forum3.jpg

forum4.jpg

what im kinda worried about are the ridges/muscles along his tail that have just recently appeared, also he has definitely slowed down in eating (maturation?). What also worries me sometimes, and cant be seen from pictures, are skin folds in weird positions that he has, i guess theyre supposed to be there, or maybe hes a bit dehydrated. He is also eating more crickets less dubia these days, i think i need to go back to more dubia.

Thanks for feedback! (ps there are some nicer pictures of him that are from about a week ago in the pictures forum)

I dnt see anything on his tail to be worried abotu.

and yes, as they age, they dont eat as much.
my male veiled started eating every other day at his age.

He looks like a picture perfect example of a healthy male panther chameleon. I cant see anything wrong with him.

And as for the crickets, he may just be bored of eating so many crickets. Aslong he is still eating a decent amount then your fine! Maybe feed him more dubias and feed him some treats just so he isnt bored of the food you are offering.

The treats can be hornworms, silkworms, those calcium worm things pheonix worms I think :confused: butterworms, wax worms, etc!

Chameleons should be fed less when they have reached a certain age, feed him less after about a year of age as he would be just about done growing, then you dont want him becoming obese!

He looks like a picture perfect example of a healthy male panther chameleon. I cant see anything wrong with him.

And as for the crickets, he may just be bored of eating so many crickets. Aslong he is still eating a decent amount then your fine! Maybe feed him more dubias and feed him some treats just so he isnt bored of the food you are offering.

The treats can be hornworms, silkworms, those calcium worm things pheonix worms I think :confused: butterworms, wax worms, etc!

silkworms and pheonix worms can be fed daily.
silkworms are also a staple feeder bug, like crickets and dubias.

butters and waxes are fatty, so treat bugs.

and pheonix are also known as calci or repti worms.

Beautiful chameleon, looks healthy to me but i'm no expert.. Yet.. Muwhaha. I love that your paranoid about caretaking, it shows you really care!

How old is the monitor? I am obsessed with monitors!!!

Back
Top Bottom