Pinworms.. what’s next?

Trailgem

Avid Member
I cleaned everything... I soaked it in bleach solution for about 20 minutes and rinsed everything off after. (Everything but the plants)
I washed the plants with water and kind of blasted the dirt until it exposed the roots.

Do I have to do that every day until he’s done with the treatment? I mean... woah... that wasn’t an easy task.

I’m getting my dragonstrand Friday, so I am really trying hard to get Max healthy before I put him in his new cage.
I bought a couple new plants and vines, but I would love to use some of the current plants as well.

I cleaned everything... I soaked it in bleach solution for about 20 minutes and rinsed everything off after. (Everything but the plants)
I washed the plants with water and kind of blasted the dirt until it exposed the roots.

Do I have to do that every day until he’s done with the treatment? I mean... woah... that wasn’t an easy task.

I’m getting my dragonstrand Friday, so I am really trying hard to get Max healthy before I put him in his new cage.
I bought a couple new plants and vines, but I would love to use some of the current plants as well.

Completely excessive cleaning, honestly- just hot water and spot cleaning with dish soap kills pinworm ova! Spot clean with dish soap now that you've done a deep clean. It's a very routine, easy parasite to get rid of. (y)

Yeah I did remove the larger plants from Beman's cage to make the spot cleaning easier while he has been getting treatment. He hated it but his pothos were huge. I just finally added plants back in but only to the right side of the cage since he tends to go to the bathroom on the left side of the cage. But Yeah soap and water will do it with this one. :)

Back
Top Bottom