pink surprise :)

jandie

well, don't know if they're gonna be fertile or not for sure....they're a little on the smallish side and a couple of them look a little thin in places, but i'm also wondering if it was because of the dampness of the soil..... our veiled eggs looked a little more "solid" after getting them into the hatchrite and let them sit overnight separated and outside of the soil....

but...we shall see and keep fingers crossed. the clutch was a retained clutch and both i and the vet were starting to wonder what to do with her....lol....she laid 26 tonight.

here's mom and dad: (Azlynn and Loki)

Azlynn.jpg

Loki.jpg

:D:D:D

thanks! this is the clutch we were really hoping for....so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

there's several people already excited...lol.... we definitely are. if not, i'm sure we'll have the chance to try again after some re-coup time. :)

What an amazingly bright lizard! Is she gravid/receptive? or is this just 'fired up'? :)
actually, in that picture, just "fired up"...that's when we first got her....and i'm really pleased with her colors and everything... we had one that we had bought from a reptile store that, along with the vet, we finally decided was most likely WC, and she was always "miserable/stressed", so we found someone with more capability for free ranging and experience with WC chams and worked out a trade. she was even more beautiful in person than in the pictures!!! =)

so far, the eggs are looking good - no molding or shriveling on any of them...though i still think some of them look a little "thin" in a spot or two....she looks like she still maybe has an egg or two in her though, so i'm probably going to wind up taking her in just in case.... <fingers crossed>

If you think shes got a cpl of retained eggs I'd palpate her first before a vet visit. You should feel a cpl of small lumps they wont be quite as hard as a rock but you'll know if you feel one. Has she poo'd in a long time because it could be that she's just constipated from the eggs. The females often take a massive poop shortly after laying. At least thats my experience..... (when i say shortly I mean within a day or so.)

Last edited:
If you think shes got a cpl of retained eggs I'd palpate her first before a vet visit. You should feel a cpl of small lumps they wont be quite as hard as a rock but you'll know if you feel one. Has she poo'd in a long time because it could be that she's just constipated from the eggs. The females often take a massive poop shortly after laying. At least thats my experience..... (when i say shortly I mean within a day or so.)
it's more the appearance....i didn't feel anything in that area, and she actually looked like that when i took her in the last time and she only had egg follicles, so probably worrying about nothing.... she's the "odd" one though....i forgot the name of my thread, but i posted a couple pictures of her asking for opinions because she's got swollen spots in her front "armpit" areas that don't feel solid, kinda change size at times, and even the vet wasn't sure what they might be..... so i don't know if maybe it's something related to whatever is causing that or what..... she's acting fine...looks good otherwise...and she's eating and drinking and pooping normally it seems.... ?? lol

Back
Top Bottom