Pigmy enclosure...?

barnaby

Hi all!

Quick question: Can I dispose the foam background of those glass terrarium without my pigmy cham losing "life quality"?

The issue is that those damn pinhead crics get in the cracks between the foam background and the glass and stay there hidden! I have like 20 rogues in the enclosure out of reach of my cham's tongue!

I tried putting some tape, but with the humidity the tape started to lose its grip and they got between the tape and the foam!! I hate those creatures!!:mad:

So, I'm finally considering getting rid of the background! Is it ok? Just making sure...

Thanks!

If you decide to keep the foam, you could seal up the cracks with aquarium safe
silicon sealant. They sell it at most pet stores and it should be safe once it is dry.

If you decide to keep the foam, you could seal up the cracks with aquarium safe
silicon sealant. They sell it at most pet stores and it should be safe once it is dry.

And if I, later on, find out that it's not working, can I easily remove the silicon without damaging the glass?

I noticed the same in my tree frog cage. Its ABSOLUTELY annoying as can be; they crawl backt here and either die or thrive... Not fun.

I used hot glue to seal it up and its been close to 3 months with no crickets getting back there.... Silicone is a pain in the butt to get off though. Sure you CAN do it with a razor blade, but good silicone doesn't come off easily and yes it can damage your glass, literally rip it to the point of cracking....

As far as affecting your leaf chams, if they look bothered put up a paper background.

I use "grass" mats that you can buy in the dollar stores that roll up and tie for the background. They come in about a 6' x 2' "roll" with a binding tape on the edges. They can be cut to the "length" you want and the ends of the threads glue-gunned in place. I put them on the outside of the cage to keep the crickets out from under them.

This it the closest picture I could find to what I'm talking about...
http://www.made-in-china.com/showro...xVuYbjQcU/China-Beach-Mat-XHB23-XHB04-7-.html
http://www.tradekey.com/ks-straw-beach-mats/

I went in a hurry yesterday to a petshop and bought some silicone! A let it dry for a day and, for now at least, it seems that the problem is solved... I also cut a little of the foam board so now my cham has space to eat those buggers at will... I'll try to post some pics soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom