Pictures from the SBCK Meeting - May 26, 2009

ToniandGizmo

Sorry for the delay folks. It was a great meeting. Lots of people, food, feeders and chams.

Many thanks to Dave Weldon for the "Reptiles are Solar Powered" Lecture and slides.

And of course a big shout out to Nathan for being our gracious host for the meeting. There's too many pics for one thread so I will be posting a few times. And also a "Thank you" to Kayleigh for being my hand model to help show how HUGE those silkies were. :D

p.s. Shawn If you'd like Khumbu's pics, pm your email address to me and I'll be happy to send them. That actually goes for anyone else too.

Attachments

• Pic1BadAssMantid.JPG
    Pic1BadAssMantid.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Pic2aHumanFeederFood.JPG
    Pic2aHumanFeederFood.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Pic2HugeSilkies.JPG
    Pic2HugeSilkies.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 183
  • Pic3KayleighChrisandMellers.JPG
    Pic3KayleighChrisandMellers.JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 245
  • Pic4MellersHeadShot.JPG
    Pic4MellersHeadShot.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 167
More Pics

Here's the second batch of pics from the meeting. This is really worth mentioning...Khumbu (big guy on the branch) is 7 years old. Pics don't even begin to capture the colors. Great job with him Shawn.

Attachments

• Pic6Steves7monthAmbiloe.JPG
    Pic6Steves7monthAmbiloe.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Pic6AHeadShot.JPG
    Pic6AHeadShot.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 111
  • Pic7SlidePresentationReptilesAreSolarPowered.JPG
    Pic7SlidePresentationReptilesAreSolarPowered.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 139
  • Pic8SomeOftheSBCKAttendees.JPG
    Pic8SomeOftheSBCKAttendees.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 151
  • Pic9aKhumbuOnHisBranch.JPG
    Pic9aKhumbuOnHisBranch.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Still more pictures..

Here they are for your viewing pleasure.....

Attachments

• Pic9ShawnAndHisPantherAboutToStrikeSilkworm.JPG
    Pic9ShawnAndHisPantherAboutToStrikeSilkworm.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 161
  • Pic10KhumbuHeadShot.JPG
    Pic10KhumbuHeadShot.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Pic11GarySureIsHappy.JPG
    Pic11GarySureIsHappy.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 160
  • Pic12SilkiesButtersSupersandHornworms.JPG
    Pic12SilkiesButtersSupersandHornworms.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 140
  • Pic13NiceHat.JPG
    Pic13NiceHat.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 190
looks like it was a full meeting again!...our meller looks so much healthier then when we first got him looking back at pics, and that was a HUGE silk worm!

Last but not least pictures....... Enjoy everyone!

Attachments

• KhumbuEatingHisSilkie.JPG
    KhumbuEatingHisSilkie.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Pic5ChamelisaAdoptedFemalePanther.JPG
    Pic5ChamelisaAdoptedFemalePanther.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 121
  • MelleriOnBranch.JPG
    MelleriOnBranch.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 132
  • SisterToo7MonthOldAmbilobe.JPG
    SisterToo7MonthOldAmbilobe.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 104
  • MelleriTail.JPG
    MelleriTail.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 100
Many thanks to Dave Weldon for the "Reptiles are Solar Powered" Lecture and slides.

+1 Thanks again to Dave Weldon! It was great to "see" the different variations in light sources and what we are striving to do to create as natural an environment as possible. The SBCK Meetings are always good times... this was a treat!

That melleri is big :eek: Also in the last photo the 2nd one is there something wrong with that cham? legs look so meaty

That melleri is big :eek: Also in the last photo the 2nd one is there something wrong with that cham? legs look so meaty

The caption says its one of chamelisa's rescues. I've seen it in her rehabs section on her site and it says he has a severe case of MBD :(

The caption says its one of chamelisa's rescues. I've seen it in her rehabs section on her site and it says he has a severe case of MBD :(

Thanks didn't even see the caption. Figured it was a rescue though. Whats the site? I wanna read more.

I have not be able to do a complete update on my website in the past two weeks but this is definitely a female. She had a shed a little over a week ago and now looks even browner than before.

She has improved significantly in the short time I've had her. When she was brought here in March, she couldn't hold herself up and she wouldn't eat anything on her own.

The previous owner, a college student, was very sorry she was in this condition but he didn't know what caused it. He kept a male in similar conditions and he was doing well. But I didn't get a lot of details. I just know that he really regrets the condition she ended up in. His friends were telling him to just put it out of its misery. He found me and drove to my house.

I set her up in a trick plastic box :) with a couple of secured branches and drainage. She has been in a fairly sunny location in my greenhouse and has misters. Gradually she started to move around and go from one end to the other. Then she started to drink. Then she started to eat. Her tongue extends two to three inches but she's pretty shaky.

It's kind of sad but she eats and drinks and is now moving around and starting to climb. I kind of see it as a happy ending. She can stay here and I think I will end up keeping her. Maybe someone will want her but I think I'd like to keep her here and see how much she improves.

I admit that when I saw her the first time I was thinking she wouldn't have much quality in her life. But when she finally shot at the bugs, I changed my mind. :)

When I hear people talking about keeping chameleons in a dorm room, I think of her and want to say "Please don't!"

I have not be able to do a complete update on my website in the past two weeks but this is definitely a female. She had a shed a little over a week ago and now looks even browner than before.

She has improved significantly in the short time I've had her. When she was brought here in March, she couldn't hold herself up and she wouldn't eat anything on her own.

The previous owner, a college student, was very sorry she was in this condition but he didn't know what caused it. He kept a male in similar conditions and he was doing well. But I didn't get a lot of details. I just know that he really regrets the condition she ended up in. His friends were telling him to just put it out of its misery. He found me and drove to my house.

I set her up in a trick plastic box :) with a couple of secured branches and drainage. She has been in a fairly sunny location in my greenhouse and has misters. Gradually she started to move around and go from one end to the other. Then she started to drink. Then she started to eat. Her tongue extends two to three inches but she's pretty shaky.

It's kind of sad but she eats and drinks and is now moving around and starting to climb. I kind of see it as a happy ending. She can stay here and I think I will end up keeping her. Maybe someone will want her but I think I'd like to keep her here and see how much she improves.

I admit that when I saw her the first time I was thinking she wouldn't have much quality in her life. But when she finally shot at the bugs, I changed my mind. :)

When I hear people talking about keeping chameleons in a dorm room, I think of her and want to say "Please don't!"

Thanks for the info. Love your site by the way it's a great thing you are doing. Can I come live in your greenhouse :D

I left after getting our feeders... We missed the "special" announcement that was supposed to be at the end of the meeting... anyone want to share??

Back
Top Bottom