picture request

Niels Pedersen

Established Member
Hi fellow chameleon enthusiasts.

I need some pictures of the following chameleon species for personal use, so if any of you have pictures, links or if you know a book where I can find a picture of one of my requests, pleace let me know.

you can either post it here og pm me.

Thanks

C. andringitraensis female
C. capuroni
C. guibei
C. guillaumeti male
C. hafahafa
C. marojezense
C. peyrierasi
C. tsaratananense female
C. tsycorne
C. vatosoa female
C. vencesi

F. belalandaensis female
F. monoceras
F. tuzetae
F. verrucosus semicristatus

K. adolfifriderici male
K. carpenteri female
K. excubitor
K. uluguruensis

N. mlanjense male

B. atromontanum female
B. dracomontanum female
B. karrooicum
B. kentanicum female
B. nemorale female
B. occidentale emale
B. ventrale female

Ch. ch anchietae anchietae
Ch. ch anchietae marunguensis
Ch. ch anchietae martensi
Ch. ch anchietae vinckei
Ch. ch arabicus female
Ch. ch calcaricarens male
Ch. ch calyptratus calcarifer female
Ch. ch chamaeleon muse
Ch. ch chamaeleon orientalist female
Ch. ch dilepis idjwiensis
Ch. ch dilepis isabellinus female
Ch. ch dilepis martensi
Ch. ch dilepis petersii
Ch. ch etiennei
Ch. ch laevigatus
Ch. ch necasi male
Ch. ch ruspolii

Ch. t balebicornutus
Ch. t camerunensis
Ch. t chapini
Ch. t conirostratus
Ch. t eisentrauti
Ch. t goetzei goetzei male
Ch. t goetzei nyikae
Ch. t harennae harennae female
Ch. t harennae fitchi female
Ch. t hoehnelii altaeelgonis
Ch. t ituriensis
Ch. t kinetensis
Ch. t marsabitensis
Ch. t ntunte
Ch. t schoutedeni
Ch. t schubotzi
Ch. t tremperi
Ch. t wiedersheimi wiedersheimi female

Br. bekolosy
Br. betschi female
Br. dentata male
Br. exarmata male
Br. griveaudi male
Br. karchei female
Br. lambertoni male
Br. lineata
Br. lolontany
Br. nansus pauliani
Br. valerieae

Rh. rd boulengeri female
Rh. rd chapmanorum male
Rh. rd platyceps platyceps male
Rh. rd platyceps carri female

Ri. brachyurus female
Ri. kerstenii robecchii male
Ri. kerstenii kerstenii male

Last edited:
looks like you copy pasted adcham.com's list.

may we ask what you are using these photos for? and do you plan on giving credit were obligated to?

NO, I have not used Adchams list. Adcaham is outdated.
As I said, for personal use, so no, im not giving credit to any one. I just want to see pictures of all the different chameleon species.

Sang, this list is very different from the adcham list. Id love to see an updated database built with new photos and information.

The 2008 edition of Glaw and Vences' field guide has many photos of the Malagasy species you're looking for. I'd also recommend the field guide by Spawls, et al. for the East African species. Oh, and thanks to Benny (eisentrauti) I see that Herpetologia Bonnensis edited by Wolfgang Bohme, et al. has a photo of Ch. (T.) eisentrauti :)

I belive you are right kent67, I once saw the East African species book, a lot of great pictures. have not seen Glaw and Vences' field guide yet.

The Herpetologica Bonnensis you talk about, is this this one?
is it good, and where can I buy it?
B�hme W., W. Bischoff and T. Ziegler. 1997. Herpetologica Bonnensis: Proceedings of the 8th Ordinary General Meeting of the Societas Europaea Herpetologica 23-27 August 1995, Bonn, Germany. SEH, Bonn, 414 p. PB.

Hi Bosco, thanks for the pic.
Petr necas has some of the species, but not the gender im looking for :)
your right, balbebicornutus.

Last edited:
Niels I have to disagree with you on the whole "balebicornatus" issue me and "some" long haired dude think that we are pretty sure that balebicornutus is the right name

Sang, this list is very different from the adcham list. Id love to see an updated database built with new photos and information.

Nico and others,

You misunderstand the original mission of the Adcham.com website, which is provided free of charge to any chameleon keeper that stumbles upon it, including members of this forum who consist of maybe 98% newer keepers. We never intended Adcham.com to be a comprehensive source of information for every chameleon species that exists/has existed on the face of planet earth. We determined early on that profiles *had* to be written by keepers that had actually kept or observed the species and had their own photos to share. It was backbreaking labor to construct with keepers participating from the world. It will never be anything else but personal first-hand experiences of some type of another. Anyone can spout off a lot of nonsense and plagiarize photos, that was not and is not our way.

As far as the species lists, and the new classification, that is up to our taxonomist people to update. The new classification is not necessarily the Bible, and we now have three different systems to contend with. If Adcham is out of date, then so is Necas and all of the other guides out there, that you pay good money for.

We are attempting some husbandry updates to the more common species, but even that is taking some time because 1). It is extremely time consuming and 2). We are very careful about what we write. Many of the original contributors have retired, or are dead, or keep easier reptiles or other animals entirely. And it is difficult to trust new people to keep self-promotion out of the picture. There have been dozens of times that we have almost shut the bloody thing down, and we still may do.

Just thought I'd offer a bit of explanation and background. Criticize it all you want, no matter to me but an insult to the contributors, it is still the only site of its kind on the internet. I would love to see another come along to exceed it. We could then retire it for good.

In honor of the original contributors, especially to our good friend Juergen Pietschmann,
Susan James

I can only speak for myself.
you do have a point in that the classification does not change how we should keep each species and I still use adcham as a link for my own site, because it does has some good informations, but several of the species has a "care sheet" written by people that have never even obtained the species.

Even though it was not your intention to make a chameleon bible, many people has used it as one, and still does and I belive it has saved alot of chameleons out there. I just dont hope it misleads people, because of lack of updates in care and classification.

I know it is time consuming, we are working on a Danish site and try to update it as offen as possible. We do plan to make a english version, that will be just as informative as the Danish version, but we only write "care sheets" on the chameleons we have experience with. My english is not the best, so it would take months to translate it :)

Niels

ps. pleace, dont make this thread into a "adcahm" thread, as I really want people to share their photos with me.

I still ned to find pictures of.

C. guibei female
C. hafahafa
C. marojezense female
C. peyrierasi female
C. tsaratananense female
C. tsycorne
C. vatosoa female

F. belalandaensis female
F. monoceras
F. tuzetae
F. verrucosus semicristatus?

K. adolfifriderici male
K. excubitor male

N. mlanjense male

B. atromontanum male
B. dracomontanum female
B. kentanicum female
B. nemorale female
B. occidentale female
B. ventrale female

Ch. ch anchietae anchietae
Ch. ch anchietae marunguensis
Ch. ch anchietae martensi
Ch. ch anchietae vinckei
Ch. ch arabicus female
Ch. ch calcaricarens male
Ch. ch calyptratus calcarifer
Ch. ch chamaeleon orientalist female
Ch. ch dilepis idjwiensis
Ch. ch dilepis isabellinus female
Ch. ch dilepis martensi
Ch. ch dilepis petersii
Ch. ch etiennei
Ch. ch laevigatus male
Ch. ch ruspolii

Ch. t balebicornutus
Ch. t camerunensis
Ch. t chapini
Ch. t conirostratus
Ch. t eisentrauti
Ch. t goetzei nyikae
Ch. t harennae harennae female
Ch. t harennae fitchi female
Ch. t hoehnelii altaeelgonis
Ch. t kinetensis
Ch. t marsabitensis female
Ch. t ntunte
Ch. t schoutedeni
Ch. t tremperi

Br. bekolosy
Br. betschi female
Br. dentata male
Br. exarmata male
Br. griveaudi male
Br. karchei female

Br. lambertoni male
Br. lineata
Br. lolontany
Br. nansus pauliani
Br. valerieae

Rh. rd boulengeri female
Rh. rd chapmanorum male
Rh. rd platyceps platyceps male
Rh. rd platyceps carri female

Ri. brachyurus female
Ri. kerstenii robecchii male

Last edited:
Hi Niels! :)

From who did you get the pics of the Ch. T. goetzei goetzei from? I've been working with a small group of them for several years now and in that time I've been searching for another keeper to compare notes with. I can be contacted privately if you prefer.

Cheers and thanks.
Trace

Hi Niels! :)

From who did you get the pics of the Ch. T. goetzei goetzei from? I've been working with a small group of them for several years now and in that time I've been searching for another keeper to compare notes with. I can be contacted privately if you prefer.

Cheers and thanks.
Trace

I only got a few pictures from different books, like field guide of east africa.
Do you also keep Ch. t. goetzei nyikae? no matter what, I would appreciate if you would send me some pictures.

I only got a few pictures from different books, like field guide of east africa.
Do you also keep Ch. t. goetzei nyikae? no matter what, I would appreciate if you would send me some pictures.

Hi Niels,

I only keep the Ch. T. goetzei goetzei. I have your email address and I'll forward some pics off within the next few days.

Cheers,
t

Ch. t wiedersheimi wiedersheimi female

I can take some of mine if you haven't received any yet.

Edit: Sorry, didn't read through the thread to see the updated list. Darn!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom