Pics of your Wild Caught Chameleons

JackP308

Avid Member
To get an Idea of what people have floating around. Hopefully be a nice reference to see differences and variations of WCs.You don't have to just post Furcifer pardalis "panthers" either. All WCs welcome.

Ill start off with My Ambilobe. He has scar on face/lip and was missing few scales. I have 40 eggs sired by him incubating now.
6789292217_2c1680bb18_b.jpg

6707874115_d9c17c453f_b.jpg

Holy cow! hes amazing. Look how thick his tail is.
Very gorgeous.
Did you get a wild caught to get new blood into a breeding project?

here is Momma the sweetest cham ever... sadly she is longer with me, but i wanted to share her none the less. she came in wc and lived a happy 3 yrs in captivity and provided some beautyifull offspring who are still in my care.

408821_2699290313851_1004438354_2869991_151996555_n.jpg

R.I.P Momma

here is Momma the sweetest cham ever... sadly she is longer with me, but i wanted to share her none the less. she came in wc and lived a happy 3 yrs in captivity and provided some beautyifull offspring who are still in my care.

408821_2699290313851_1004438354_2869991_151996555_n.jpg

R.I.P Momma

awh :( she was a sweetheart you can tell from her face. lucky she got to be happy and live with you ^^

oh to the op- That cham is beautiful. wonderful color.

This is Sjakie, probably pronounced Jack in English LOL, my 8 month old WC Oustalets male. He is with me now for about a good one and a half months

2012-01-15%252014.15.39.jpg

This is Fred, named after Fred Flinstone, WC F. verrucosus semicristatus or Fort Dauphin region. He is almost about 24 months old.

SNV10894.JPG

My WC Usambara pitted pygmy's: I have two couples. One of my females.

2011-08-23%252020.07.02.jpg

heres my WC Tamatave Panther iv had him for about a year already and no health issues

Attachments

• Pictures 152.jpg
    Pictures 152.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Very nice looking WCs and a good variety too. Thanks everyone that has posted.

6791202615_a9d3532041_b.jpg

6607889355_3325a48011_z.jpg

great looking cham, are they carpets?? ... furcifer lateralis??...????
or is that that same thing just common and scientific names, sorry i am still learning about the chams i dont have :)

great looking cham, are they carpets?? ... furcifer lateralis??...????

yep they're carpets. tops my male bottom was my female. I only have the male left. I gave the female to a friend Martin down the street from me, and I lost a pair over the summer :(. I may ask for her back, if I decide i wanted to try breeding them again this year.

Yep common and scientific, you got it!!

Dude your Boraha is awesome! Wish i could find one here :( You MUST post pics once he gets his reds back!

Thanks. Hes not a Boraha though, he is Cap Est. You will see the difference once his reds are back in!

Boraha are grey, with light grey barring and a little bit of red/orange aound the tail base, very similar to how he looks at the moment actually but grey instead of white. Theyre also darker grey when relaxed. Cap Est are white with blood red barring across the whole body and have a hint of blue when relaxed.

This is Sjakie, probably pronounced Jack in English LOL, my 8 month old WC Oustalets male. He is with me now for about a good one and a half months

2012-01-15%252014.15.39.jpg

This is Fred, named after Fred Flinstone, WC F. verrucosus semicristatus or Fort Dauphin region. He is almost about 24 months old.

SNV10894.JPG

My WC Usambara pitted pygmy's: I have two couples. One of my females.

2011-08-23%252020.07.02.jpg

That is not a Furcifer verrucosus semicristatus. To the best of my knowledge Semicristatus have got and are known as Red Head Verrucosus.

Hmmm Motherlode Chameleon, the store i bought him from sold him to me saying this is the Fort Dauphin variety. I thought that that ment that those animals are semicristatus.
It doesn't matter to me though, i love my Fred. He is a verrucosus verrucosus then.
But thanks for letting me know!

Hmmm Motherlode Chameleon, the store i bought him from sold him to me saying this is the Fort Dauphin variety. I thought that that ment that those animals are semicristatus.
It doesn't matter to me though, i love my Fred. He is a verrucosus verrucosus then.
But thanks for letting me know!

Here's a good link that shows the locals of Verrucosus. The Semicristatus Verrucosus is the red headed Verrucosus on the bottom.

http://translate.googleusercontent....-.html&usg=ALkJrhgsH1NIb9bBqbfDzv77s41iibHH6g

Last edited:
My Nosy Mitsio, Pete, is wild caught.
He has a thread on the forums:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/pete-nosy-mitsio-74431/

I also have a wild caught Tamatave and a wild caught Faly (pics below).
I was skeptical the first time I purchased a wild caught chameleon, but all of my wc's have turned out to be awesome. They are some of my favorites.

If you choose to purchase a wild caught chameleon, please be diligent in checking its health prior to introducing it in the room with the rest of your chameleons. I did receive a female with a fatal fungal condition once, but fortunately I screened her at the vet before bringing her home and we were able to catch the problem before it potentially had a chance to affect any of my other chameleons. But, rare instances like that aside, wild caughts are great additions to any collection.

Attachments

• tamatavev2.jpg
    tamatavev2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 212
  • march2011v2.jpg
    march2011v2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 155
Back
Top Bottom