Pics of Baby Chameleons vs. Grown Chameleons

Ive noticed on this site and other sites that the majority of user pictures are babies and not adults. Are chameleons really that diffciult to husbandrice that a large chuck of them die off before they reach maturity. If so, this is definetly sad and maybe there should be some more precautions to owning these reptiles

i think that many members have adult chams, but i do belive that most new keeper like to post picks as well as experienced members enjoy posting picks of their new chams, so that may be the reason for so many younger pics. chams do require alot of care to reach adulthood healthy tho.

Many members have adult chameleons, but also many members have young chameleons/ babies/juveniles. I think that maybe members just like to have pictures of their babies when they were young, or its just a recent picture of their current babies. :)

Very little in this world is cuter than a baby chameleon. I suspect that's why anyone who's had a baby wants to let the world see its picture.

The reason is that people get all super excited about the baby chameleon that they just got, join the chameleon forum, post a ton of pictures of the baby, brag about how awesome it’s going to be, then track down a female to breed the boy with, talk about how much $$$ they are going to make on the babies. Then the novelty wears off then they forget about the forum. Some of us nuts actually do stick around. This is the reason to a high baby to adult picture ratio.

Are babies hard to grow into adults? No…

The reason is that people get all super excited about the baby chameleon that they just got, join the chameleon forum, post a ton of pictures of the baby, brag about how awesome it’s going to be, then track down a female to breed the boy with, talk about how much $$$ they are going to make on the babies. Then the novelty wears off then they forget about the forum. Some of us nuts actually do stick around. This is the reason to a high baby to adult picture ratio.

I agree... it's the excitement of something new. Plus, a young cham is constantly changing as it develops, and a lot of users document that with pictures. New colors seem to show up week by week with a baby. Once a cham is mature, it's kind of "same old, same old". Doesn't mean that adult chams aren't out there just like the youngins, their popularity just wears off.

I have been a member for two years and I'm still here every day, lol! I got my first cham at 6 months and my second was 3months old when I got her. Amy has grown up on the forums. I post pics quite often as I love taking and sharing photos! Here's a pic showing my sweet Amy as a 3 month baby and how she looks today - she's almost two years old now!

PuffyAmy.jpg

Amy28thJan11.jpg

yeah i cant seem to leave this place even if i try.LOL

Chameleons is one species i have never had a problem with. I dont know why people think they are hard to care for, i think people with bad results are cutting corners.

I breed for the enjoyment, its more of a hobby, and hobbies cost money. Its like the stock market you could win or loose, but when your doing it regardless of a profit it doesnt matter, its alot cheaper than my 59 Ford im restoring,LOL

Ive noticed on this site and other sites that the majority of user pictures are babies and not adults. Are chameleons really that diffciult to husbandrice that a large chuck of them die off before they reach maturity. If so, this is definetly sad and maybe there should be some more precautions to owning these reptiles

There are tons of adult cham pictures here. It is as adults that you really get the "wow" factor. I for one post pictures of adults all of the time.

I unfortunately can't figure out how the hell to upload a picture off of my cellphone to this site because I don't have a computer atm. Also I've only been a member for like a couple months or so but have had veiled for over a year. On here everyday multiple times a day lol. Next best thing to chams is a whole website mostly dedicated to them:)

Back
Top Bottom