Phoenix worms

I feed Phoenix worms to my cham. They are high in calcium, but I'm not sure about the percentage that the advert states though. I bought small ones (in the UK) and they are tiny even for a 4 month old veiled.

I feed them to my cham as well. He prefers them over everything else, including wax worms!!! I put them in a small cup and he is waiting by the cage door for them in the morning!! They are quite small, but must be yummy:D

Tiny?
These in the picture look huge, can you buy them in different sizes then?

How small are they in comparison to adult mealworms? (In length, i suppose the phoenix worms are much thicker also?)

The small ones are tiny! I will buy larger ones next time! They sell them in small medium and large in the Uk i think. The small ones I've got are about a quarter of the size of an adult mealworm I would say. I'll take a photo later of one next to a mealie and post it so you can see the size difference.:D

Here's a pic comparing the size of a Phoenix worm with a mealworm and a waxworm. I've had the Phoenix worms a couple of weeks now so I think they might have grown a little bit. Hope the pic helps - just realised I should have put them next to a ruler too. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Worms Comparison.jpg
    Worms Comparison.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 227
That is tiny.

But it help a lot!

I think if she likes it i'll just feed her more.

According to the nutritional value I posted, they look extremely high in calcium. So I suppose chams can't eat these as part of their staple food?

Thanks so much for all the help!:D

I'm not sure about them being a staple feeder, but offering a variety of feeders is the best way to go. Amy/Amos has crickets, locusts, and Phoenix worms every day. The main bulk of her diet consists of crickets though. The Phoenix worms are very handy to use as treats to encourage hand feeding because they are actually good for the cham unlike waxworms. Once they are out of the tub and warmed up a little they do move around and get the cham's attention.

Back
Top Bottom