Pgymy needs help

CalaMala

I just got 5 pgymies in the mail today. Overnighted FEDEX...one is not doing well at all...he has not moved or opened his eyes, he is breathing but he keeps gaping his mouth, he is changing colors from ashy white to almost black back to white....I dripped water by his mouth but he did not seem to care....any suggestions???? I feel so helpless.
The other four look wonderful and are very lively..

Unfortunately that does not sound good at all. It is probably too late for him in all honesty. The best you can do for him is put him somewhere he will feel safe, with the right temperatures and lighting and mist the area around him. Messing with him is only going to stress him out, which may push him over the edge. With these little guys there's almost nothing you can really do for them besides giving them the best chance to pull through on their own.

That is what I was afraid of...I know they like to play dead but he has been all day. I wonder if he got to hot in the shipping?? I put him in a deli dish with a paper towel by himself in the corner of the enclosure for the right temp and humidity, and I am just going to leave him thru the night and hope for the best :(

possibly resp infection? Have you contacted seller, maybe they have a 24-48 hr. guarantee?! Do you have a vet?

That is what I was afraid of...I know they like to play dead but he has been all day. I wonder if he got to hot in the shipping?? I put him in a deli dish with a paper towel by himself in the corner of the enclosure for the right temp and humidity, and I am just going to leave him thru the night and hope for the best :(

That's all you can do. These little guys are usually wc, so not always the healthiest. I don't know if there are many vets that would even know how to deal with one of these little guys. Make him comfortable and wait and see. It doesn't sound good, but at least he's not being stressed anymore than is necessary.

Let us know how it goes, ok?

Thanks for being great caretaker. :)

Well sadly he did not make it thru the night and this morning another one was on it's side gaping. It was the smallest of the group and moved the slowest yesterday but I did not see any signs of illness. But he/she passed late this afternoon....:( poor little guys I feel so bad for them.

The other three are moving around checking stuff out and hunting their pinheads and fruit flies so I have my fingers crossed they will be ok!

Unfortunately it's not surprising. Whenever I order them, I order more than I want, because being delicate little wild caught things, some just aren't healthy to begin with. The sad but true reality.

Have you contacted the seller? Maybe there's some way they can reimburse you, or send you others.

Good luck with your new little guys!

Back
Top Bottom