Petsmart?

Different stores get them from different places - it depends on the location. I'm not going to promise you that they are always kept in ideal conditions, but I do know that the vendors are regularly audited to make sure they meet basic standards. And PetSmart's veiled chameleons are captive bred.

I'm sure many people will tell you not to buy from PetSmart, but let me just say that in my experience, the veiled chameleon I got from PetSmart is much healthier overall and a much better eater than the one I got from a "reputable breeder."

Hope this helps :)

i got my veiled from petsmart as well. ive had a couple things happen with him in the last few days but seemed to turn out to be or atleast i think the wrong calcium. other than that hes been very healthy

Different stores get them from different places - it depends on the location. I'm not going to promise you that they are always kept in ideal conditions, but I do know that the vendors are regularly audited to make sure they meet basic standards. And PetSmart's veiled chameleons are captive bred.

I'm sure many people will tell you not to buy from PetSmart, but let me just say that in my experience, the veiled chameleon I got from PetSmart is much healthier overall and a much better eater than the one I got from a "reputable breeder."

Hope this helps :)

Pretty much all calyptratus in the US. are captive bred.

Despite unreasonably high prices, I'm sure that if you get the chameleon before it's been there for too long it will be just as as healthy as any other veiled.

i got my veiled from petsmart as well. ive had a couple things happen with him in the last few days but seemed to turn out to be or atleast i think the wrong calcium. other than that hes been very healthy

okay i have been thinking the same thing about my calcium i was told to use the one with d3 in it everyday? but i keep reading that i dont need to but they dont sell the one without d3 but i no i can order it i live in oklahoma and not too many people know about chameleons but wich calcium should i use evryday?

okay i have been thinking the same thing about my calcium i was told to use the one with d3 in it everyday? but i keep reading that i dont need to but they dont sell the one without d3 but i no i can order it i live in oklahoma and not too many people know about chameleons but wich calcium should i use evryday?

Repashy Calcium Plus. I just asked if it was ok.... Seems the majority here say its good stuff.

Repashy Calcium Plus. I just asked if it was ok.... Seems the majority here say its good stuff.

okay so do i use the repashy calcium everyday?

right now i have rep-cal herptivite

and also reptocal w/d3 should i keep using these or not? thank you for the help!!!

okay so do i use the repashy calcium everyday?

right now i have rep-cal herptivite

and also reptocal w/d3 should i keep using these or not? thank you for the help!!!

I just started useing it a few days ago....Its an "ALL IN 1"..... This is used "every" feeding and suposedly the "only" suppliment you need. Look on page 2 in the general Discussion forum. You will see my Repashy thread:)

I got my absolutely BEAUTIFUL veiled female from Petsmart. She is perfectly healthy, turns blue at times, and has a hilarious personality. Now. The bads.

When I purchased her, they told me that she was a male. Found out. They were incredibly wrong. Also, they told me that keeping her in a glass aquarium with bark substrate was A O.K. Again, this is an incredibly wrong comment. Basically, know the signs of healthy vs unhealthy animals before you go, and get your information from reputable sources, not Petsmart. Other than that, my pet is fantastic!

They get the Chams from different sources. Where I live they look healthy at the stores that carry them. Not at stores order them in. Do not listen to what the employees tell you about their care.... they are only going by the caresheet that has been provided to them and that is not correct information. This forum will have more accurate information as to their care.
My advice is to get the information from this forum and order Cham form a member. They will tell you what your really need and the proper set up. That way you will be prepared with the correct supplies you need when your get your cham comes home. If you do decide to get a cham from petsmart that fine... just don't go by what employess say.. :)

i completgeely agree

petsmart costed me a ton with their bad advice. but i did get a great ittle guy were going to the vet today to make surre hes nice and healthy.

They get the Chams from different sources. Where I live they look healthy at the stores that carry them. Not at stores order them in. Do not listen to what the employees tell you about their care.... they are only going by the caresheet that has been provided to them and that is not correct information. This forum will have more accurate information as to their care.
My advice is to get the information from this forum and order Cham form a member. They will tell you what your really need and the proper set up. That way you will be prepared with the correct supplies you need when your get your cham comes home. If you do decide to get a cham from petsmart that fine... just don't go by what employess say.. :)

i agree

petsmart costed me a ton with their bad advice. but i did get a great ittle guy were going to the vet today to make surre hes nice and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom