Pet Store comments..He tweaked me with his attitude

Debmonster

Just got back from the pet store. I just spoke with the person who ordered the sweet little ambilobe female I have. I asked if he knew if she was from a red or blue bar male. He defiantly stated that all blue bar and red bar ambilobes are crosses. She is an ambliobe and I should find an ambilobe male (not red or blue barred)

So I know there's discussion on red vs blue (to all you Halo players excellent series:D) but is what this guy said somewhat true??

Also, he corrected me on the pronunciation (which this is the 3rd time I've been corrected all by different people)

1. pronounced using the English rule -ends with a silent e therefore the vowel before is long. ambiloooob

2. ending e is pronounced eh. ambilobeh

3. ending e is long - ambilobeeeeeeeee

Holy Cow!!!

I'd like to hear what you all think???

Don't forget where to place the accent too.....is it,
Am bil obe'
Am Bil obe
Am bil O be
I've heard it pronounce 5 or 6 different ways. If anyone is from Madagascar, attach a Sound Bite with the proper pronounciation...cuz I ain't hooked on phonix.

Just got back from the pet store. I just spoke with the person who ordered the sweet little ambilobe female I have. I asked if he knew if she was from a red or blue bar male. He defiantly stated that all blue bar and red bar ambilobes are crosses. She is an ambliobe and I should find an ambilobe male (not red or blue barred)

So I know there's discussion on red vs blue (to all you Halo players excellent series:D) but is what this guy said somewhat true??

Also, he corrected me on the pronunciation (which this is the 3rd time I've been corrected all by different people)

1. pronounced using the English rule -ends with a silent e therefore the vowel before is long. ambiloooob

2. ending e is pronounced eh. ambilobeh

3. ending e is long - ambilobeeeeeeeee

Holy Cow!!!

I'd like to hear what you all think???

aren't all ambilobe's red or blue barred?

mine is blue stripes with red background, just like his father.

That's my question exactly!!! :confused: :confused:

I thought that all of them were ambilobes. He told me that the red bar is crossed with Sambavas and blue bar is a nosy be cross. I've never heard of that before.

Last edited:
I have Ambliobe's and still think I say it wrong, but I love them and thwy don't care what I call them. My red bar is red with green and my blue bar is blue with green. The colors are different and I don't know but I would guess they are not just crosses.

Both of my males are blue bars and know who their Fathers are. They both fire up completely different. As far as the females, I have no clue, I bought them as just Ambilobes. I have no idea of their lineage, only that they are CBB.

I don't think that Red Bar and Blue Bar's are crossed. They are what they are. They are named so from their locale.

They just happend to find one with red bars and one with blue bars. If they were crossed they would be hybrids and not sold as pure breds by breeders.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is my understanding of it anyways.

They just happend to find one with red bars and one with blue bars. If they were crossed they would be hybrids and not sold as pure breds by breeders.

After many hours web reading I decided to order some books. I needed them anyway. One is "The Panther Chameleon Color Variation, Natural History, Conservation, and Captive Management and Chameleons: Their Care and Breeding by Linda J. Davison.

So far everything I've read is in agreement with what people are saying here and I agree too. They would be sold as hybrids or crosses. This kid was lecturing me about this and since I really don't know everything I just shut-down and bought my crickets then left. :mad:

I'm glad they don't sell chameleons there anymore ;)

Back
Top Bottom